Eggless Black Forest Cake
1 cup sugar
1 tspn vanilla essence/extract
1 cup milk (add 2 tspn lemon juice)
1-1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cornflour
1 tspn baking powder
1 tspn baking soda
one pinch of salt
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 to 2/3 cup boiling water
Ingredients for Cream cheese mixture :
200gm cream cheese, softened
40ml lime juice
one lime zest
3 tbsp sugar
(mix all ingredients and beat till well combined)
1 can pitted dark cherry
2/3 cup non-dairy whipping cream
grated chocolate for topping
(1) mix ingredients (C) to form a paste.
(2) in another bowl, beat ingredients (A) till fluffy.
(3) then stir cocoa mixture into ingredients (A) and mix till combined.
(4) alternately, beat in milk and flour mixture till everything well mixed.
(5) pour batter to a 9" tray lined with parchment paper.
(6) add in cream cheese mixture and make a swirl between the two mixture.
(7) finally bake at preheated oven 175-180'C for about 45-55 mins or till cooked.
(8) leave cool completely before frosting with whipped cream and then keep refrigerated till frosting is set before further decorations.
(eggless cake, vegetarian, dessert)