Dunkin‘ Donuts ~ International Picnic Party
A ~ Artichokes Steamed & Dressed With Mayo
B ~ Baked Beans
C ~ Cauliflower Tabboulleh
D ~ Dunkin' Donuts ~ With Maple syrup & Honey Frosting
Now, here's the recipe.
3-3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tspn salt
3 tbsp sugar
1-1/2 tspn yeast
3 eggs & 1 egg yolk
135ml milk (50-50 milk & water)
120gm cold butter, diced
(1) combine ingredients (A) into a big bowl and mix well.
(2) then stir in ingredients (B) into (A) till everything well combined.
(3) finally, add in butter and knead till well mixed then set aside to rest for 1.5 hour or till double in size.
(4) once it's ready, knead fermented dough to release air and then place it onto slightly floured working table.
(5) then roll dough out flat into rectangle shape and again let to rest for an hour.
(6) now, cut dough with doughnut cutter then again rest for another 30 mins.
(7) next, fry dough till brown and set aside to cool.
(8) finally, glaze each doughnuts with frosting as desired.
Ingredients for Maple & Honey Frosting :
2 cups icing sugar
4 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp butter
(stir everything together till well combined)
I made these on last Saturday and was actually in a rush so the frosting looks a bit messy. Good excuses! hehe.... My whole family was actually rushing back to my in law's place in the evening to celebrate the Chinese Dumpling Festival (Duan wu jie). And I'm not bringing back any traditional dumpling but some homemade dunkin' donuts ! Cool huh! haha.... Probably, we need a change ! However, hope you guys will love this too. Enjoy !
Happy International Picnic Day !
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting & Bake Your Own Bread