Sunday, June 6, 2010

Stir Fried Black Pepper Chicken & Spaghetti

Asian style spaghetti! Have any of you tried this version before? This is actually my second attempt and it's a little dry compare to the first attempt but both taste as good! The best thing was it's fast and easy to prepare plus you've everything in one dish. Does that sounds good or what? School holiday has just started and I still as busy as usual. I wish I have a day off too!
Here's the recipe.

Ingredients :

250gm spaghetti, boiled (1/2 packet)
1 large onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
150gm cabbage, shredded
a few crab sticks, halved
200gm chicken thigh meat, shredded

Seasoning :

2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1-1/2 cup water
salt & pepper to taste
1 tspn crashed black peppercorn
1 tbsp chopped garlic

Method :

- marinade sliced chicken meat with salt & pepper, and 1 tspn corn flour.
- preheat pan/wok with 1/2 cup cooking oil.
- stir in chopped garlic and sliced chicken meat, saute untill about cooked.
- add in crab sticks, black peppercorn and sliced onion, continue saute untill fragrant.


- stir in vegetarian oyster sauce and water, let it boil for about one minute.
- now, add in cooked spaghetti, bell pepper & cabbage, stir untill the gravy became thickened.
- off the heat and serve hot.

Still you can add in an extra scrambled eggs or hard boiled eggs. I like having hard boiled eggs along with this spaghetti. Really filling! Hope you guys will like it too!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS !

30 comments:

smallkucing said...

uiks...this one sound a bit like stir fried noodle...hmm..maybe can try out for hubi..kekeke

Belinda @zomppa said...

Great twist to spaghetti!

Angie's Recipes said...

I like to use spaghetti to make Chinese stir-fry too. Actually it tastes better than the Italian style.

Von said...

My mum uses spaghetti whenever we run out of other types of noodles in the house =] It tastes pretty good with asian flavours! This looks delicious, especially with the black pepper!

Claudia said...

Love spaghetti Asian style! This certainly draws me in.

Cooking with Kait said...

I love using spaghetti for a stir fry. This looks wonderful.

Heavenly Housewife said...

Ive never put chicken with spaghetti before, but why not? It looks yummy!
Hope you are having a great weekend. Take time to relax daaaaahling!
*kisses* HH

Laura in Paris said...

I love your Asian version of spaghettis! Sounds deli!

Anncoo said...

Thanks for the idea Kristy! Next I try your method too, this looks so delicious ;D

Trix said...

Asian style spaghetti looks great! I will have to try.

Nadji said...

J'adore les pâtes préparées de cette façon. Je trouve qu'elles sont pleines de saveurs.
See soon.

Mary said...

I could really love this dish. It looks wonderful and you've made it sound delicious. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Foodessa said...

Knock...knock...it's the Italian pasta lover. Now, I can also have them Asian style. How wonderful to be able to adapt one of my favorite meals.
Thank you Kristy for the inspiration.
Flavourful wishes,
Claudia

Alice Law said...

Oh dear... I would like to give it a try tonight, I love oyster sauce and pasta to bits! Thanks for your recipe Kristy!

You too, have a joyful holiday!

divya said...

I love your Asian version of spaghettis! Sounds deli!

Sook said...

Ooh what a lovely spaghetti recipe! Looks good!

Lyndsey said...

It looks so good just like always! I love your cooking and baking Kristy!! Yummy!!!

My Little Space said...

Hi Everyone,

It's been a hectic day! Thank you so much for visiting and spending your time her with me today. Great to see you guys and glad that you all like this version spaghetti recipe as well. Enjoy and have lots of fun!
Hope you're having a fabulous day!

Cheers, KRisty

the lacquer spoon said...

I love such a fusion recipe, and something Asian goes well with pasta indeed :)

Jeannie said...

Wow! I could eat a huge plate of that it looks so good! My boys would love this too.

pigpigscorner said...

This looks so tasty!

penny aka jeroxie said...

Spaghetti is noodles after all!

cherry potato said...

I like the black pepper taste!!! Must try this out!!!

elra said...

I'm seriously drooling .... you are full of idea Kristy.

Fimère said...

une façon de préparer les pâtes qui me séduit énormément, cela doit être excellent
bonne soirée

Little Inbox said...

I do stir-fry spaghetti too, but not so frequent, as hubby prefers to have some gravy in his pasta dish. But to me, it doesn't matter as long as I can have enough ingredients in my pasta dish.

Elin said...

Hey Kristy...I will make this for my next pot bless party :) Thanks for sharing this simple and yet delicious spaghetti :)

Sweet and Savory said...

This looks fantastic. You are a talented cook.

Food Safety Training said...

I love spaghetti since I was a child. My mom always cooks me, my brothers and my sister whenever it's our birthday or other special occasions that needs celebrating. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Now I can cook for my mom. I'll definitely make this before I get my TABC Certification Online.

Engineers Love Cooking said...

Ohh look very nice and delicious, I like it. Please visit my blog for recipes at http://cooking-engineer.blogspot.com/ everybody are welcome. Let's visit it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...