Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cucur Ikan Bilis @ Dried Anchovies Fritters


Yesterday, hubby made a special request. He wants to have this anchovies fritter for today's tea break. This is a very simple & easy to prepare recipe. I'm sure anyone of you can do it too. This kind of fritter is normally serve as a snack during older days, where we have not much to get from the stall. We can feed whole lot of people from 1kg of flour, saving lots of money. :o)

And here's what I did.
Ingredients :
2 cups  all purpose flour
1 tbsp  sugar
1 tspn   salt
1/2 tspn  cumin powder
1 tspn   baking powder
1 cup   water
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 red chili, chopped
50gm  dried anchovies (fried till golden brown)
*cooking oil for frying

Method :
(1) combine flour, sugar, slat, cumin  powder & baking powder in a big bowl.
(2) stir in water to the dry ingredients and mix well.
(3) now, add in sliced onion, chili & fried anchovies and stir well.
(4) finally, fry batter till golden brown and serve warm with chili sauce.

By the end of the preparation, I have to make another batch cause hubby has invite some friends over. They polished everything up in just a few seconds.

*I'm sending this to Shaz & Suresh @ Muhibbah Monday Malaysia.

22 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

These are so unique! I love anchovies - probably not in the majority, but love them!

Ann@Anncoo Journal said...

Very delicious snack! I want to come over as guest too! :))

アンゼエリン said...

Anchovies fritters is always the best for tea time...dip with chili sauce even taste much better.

Mary said...

I have such a weakness for fritters. My stomach is growling as a result of looking at your photo. This is a really nice recipe and I know that all who try it will enjoy it. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Small Kucing said...

my son now loves bilis

Balvinder ( Neetu) said...

I love that cutest picture on your blog. Oh God! i just wants to kiss that sleeping puppy.

We love fritters but anchovies fritters are simply a new thing for me.

Reva said...

Yummilicious snack ..:) loved it..:)))
Reva

divya said...

Hmm! delicious and yummy. Love it.

Zoe said...

100% agree with you that this is a wonderful treat for afternoon tea. You did well making these fritters very crispy and delicious!

lena said...

these are so nicely fried! havent eaten anything cucur for so long, they look really good and not surprised why these were finished so quickly. It's school holidays now, hope you are not as hectic as before.

Biren @ Roti n Rice said...

This reminds me of my childhood. You are so right about 1kg of flour feeding a lot of people but yours definitely has quite a bit of ikan bilis in it :)

Jeannie said...

I used to buy these from the stalls to eat for lunch during my younger days where salary was low so had to eat simple while waiting for the next paycheck! Cheap and delicious but now anchovies are not so cheap anymore! Yummy treats!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

这个超赞的:)
我过些团会POST东西给你喔:)

Heavenly Housewife said...

We love anchovies, Mr P would be so happy if I made him these!
*kisses* HH

Angie's Recipes said...

We are on same wavelength ;-))I too made some fritters. I love your version with anchovies too.

Christine's Pantry said...

Fritters look great. I'd like some fritters. :-)

Katerina said...

We do not have dried anchovies here, perhaps I could use non dried! The fritters look very appetizing!

Hayley said...

Wow, I miss this! Simply delicious la!

denise @ rumah baru said...

Hello darling! How are you? Sorry I have been MIA so long - banyak sibuk lah.

Anyway, cucur ikan bilis is one of my favourite tea time snacks. Very simple but so tasty. With tea or coffee, I can skip dinner, no sweat!

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

this is one of my favourite!

shaz said...

I love cucur udang but somehow I never tried the cucur ikan bilis before! I have been missing a lot :)

Lyndsey said...

The fritters look so good! I don't think my husband would go for the dried anchovies though. Don't you just love making things yourself at a good price?!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...