Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Savory Steamed Egg

Savory steamed egg is quite a common dish serve here during lunch or dinner. It is normally served with white rice. Some may prepare this kind of steamed egg with salted egg or century egg or anything may possible. It is a very healthy dish and also delicious to be served with porridge.

And here's we go.
Ingredients for egg mixture :
3 eggs
310ml  water
a pinch of salt & pepper
a dash of sesame oil

Ingredients for flavoured meat :
100gm   chicken minced meat
1 tspn   vegetarian oyster sauce
salt & pepper to taste
a dash of sesame oil
1 tbsp  chopped preserved radish (salty version)
1 bird eye chili, chopped

Method :
(1) marinade chicken meat with all other ingredients and set aside for 30 mins.
(2) in another bowl, beat together eggs, water, salt & pepper and sesame till well combined.
(3) place marinated meat onto a 8" tray and then pour in beaten egg mixture.
(4) then steamed for 8-10 mins over medium flame.(take a pip half way through, make sure the heat is not too hot)
(5) serve warm.

The top layer of steamed egg is some sesame oil which smell really good.

Hope you're all going to love this too!
#
I'm sending this to Shaz & Suresh @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday.

23 comments:

Ann@Anncoo Journal said...

I love steamed egg, very simple and delicious dish that all my family loves it very much.

Biren @ Roti n Rice said...

One of my favorite dishes! I need to make a little for myself soon :)

Lyndsey said...

This looks really good Kristy. I have not tried this yet. Do you think I can make this?

Take care, haven't seen you around much. I miss you!

divya said...

Omg, super delicious and irresistible dish.

Vivian Pang said...

I used to prepare steamed egg for my family. Now I have another variety of yours in our dishes. Thanks for sharing,

Claudia said...

I can see why this is so popular - simple and comforting. My favorite type of food!

Dewi said...

I learn a new stuff Kristy. I never had this, sounds intriguing.

Ann said...

This looks SO good! My husband and I love eggs and serving it with rice sounds like a delicious lunch!

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Kristy, this is another simplest and delicious steam egg. Yours look good and tempting. Can I come over for lunch or dinner?
Have a nice day.

Small Kucing said...

wah campur cili padi ah...hahaha... Sounds good

lena said...

my grandma used to cook this very often for me and my cousins..we all just love that..but instead of chicken, we had pork. It's been really a long time since i last had this..even chawanmushi, long time never had that! Have a lovely evening, Kristy!

Cheah said...

Never had steamed egg for a long time, this is a reminder. You have a lovely evening.

Joceline Lor said...

My children like this steamed egg very much~ Ha ha ha :) Mee too......

Zoe said...

This is always my favourite traditional and easy way to cook egg for a home-cooked dinner.

Now to think of it, this really reminds me of chawanmushi.

アンゼエリン said...

Steam egg is always my fav..I can have it with white rice oni.

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

Remind me I have so so long did not steam this egg, I like too minced pork instead.

Quay Po Cooks said...

My favorite dish. I LOVE my mum's steam eggs. I can eat two bowls of rice with this dish.

yemekteyizbiz said...

Realy super picture

MeRy said...

Steamed egg is my favo dish,but not for my little boy,he dislike steamed egg.

Angie's Recipes said...

I love steamed eggs! Nice with congee.

Pamela said...

Hi Cristy! I have loved your latest recipes, but this steamed eggs are sonew and atractive to me, I must prepare this dish, sesame oil is the best !! big hugs

Medeja said...

Yummy! I tried it just once, but I really loved it :)

shaz said...

This brings back so many memories. We would eat this very often when we were kids.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...