Thursday, November 10, 2011

Homemade Cheesy Piadinas

The word Piadina sounds pretty new to me. But after checking, it is actually the name for an Italian flatbread. And it is usually used in making rolls, with either sweet or savory fillings. If omit the yeast from the recipe, it will became a tortilla. Tortilla is a Mexican flatbread which is quite similar but much thinner. I'm glad I've learned something new again. And here's the recipe
.
Ingredients :
2 cups  all purpose flour
1 tbsp   sugar
1/2 tspn  salt
1 egg
130ml   warm milk
1 tbsp   yeast
1/2 cup  spring onion, thinly sliced
100gm   shredded cheddar cheese

Method :
(1) combine warm milk together with yeast and set aside for 10mins.
(2) in another big bowl, combine flour, sugar & salt together and mix well.
(3) add milk mixture & egg into dry ingredients once it's ready, till form a soft dough.
(4) next add in cheese & spring onion and knead till well combined.
(5) then set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(6) when it's done, place dough to a slightly floured working table and knead till smooth.
(7) then divide into 6 portions.

(8) now, preheat a non-stick pan with a few drops of cooking oil.
(9) roll the dough out flat and then place it to the frying pan.
(10) cook both sides till the dough is brown but still soft.

The addition of cheese & spring onion is simply amazing. What do you think by using them in making thin crust pizza? Hmmm...mmmm... Salivating...

21 comments:

Rebecca from Chow and Chatter said...

wow looks amazing wish it was my lunch

Kumi said...

Looks really really good.. kind of reminds me of a Chinese pancake with green onions! (葱油餅)

ICook4Fun said...

At a glance I thought they were Naan bread. This should be nice dipping in some curry :)

Ana Rita said...

I'm taking this recipe...i loved it!!!
Thanks!

Kisses,
Rita

divya said...

My mouth is just watering looking at this bread.

Dewi said...

Yummy! I love flat bread, even better with cheese.

Lyndsey said...

I love this kind of flat bread! I would like it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, brunch, and snack time! :) Yum so tempting.

makcikmanggis said...

masuk list jugak ni:)kami suka makan roti seperti ini.Selalunya cicah sambal sardin.

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Kristy, it looks good and tempting. Can fling some over... hahaha
Have a nice day.

Belinda @zomppa said...

Such a hearty flavorful bread! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Ann said...

These are SO stunning! I love homemade flat breads and this looks positively delicious! Very nicely done!

Elin said...

Kristy!!!! you made the most wonderful and tasty tortillas. Have KIV this for making this weekend :) Thanks and muaxs :) Have a nice day, Elin

lena said...

hi, i love tortillas and i know i'm going to love these too, that's a great sharing, have a good day! i also hope to make these soon!

Vivian Pang said...

Great recipe! Something like flavored tortilla. Can have it on its own.

Trix said...

Mmm, you had me at "cheesy." : )

Heavenly Housewife said...

I've never heard of these, but I can tell I'd love them, what's not to like???
*kisses* HH

Christine knapkins_com said...

Hey Foodies, Kristy's Cheesy Piadinas recipe has been selected by Knapkins to be featured in a Recipe Guessing Game. Invite fans to play: http://knapkins.com/guess_games/580?source=blog

Angie's Recipes said...

Kristy, those flat breads look fantastic! I like the added cheese and onions. Very special for the Italian flatbread.

Pegasuslegend said...

yum yum I love cheese

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy,
Thank you for this lovely recipe. Thumbs up!

Irina said...

these look amazingly delicious! I am full after my lunch but I would still have one of those tasty breads right now. Great recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...