So, here's what I did.
200gm all purpose flour
1 tspn yeast
100ml warm water
300gm all purpose flour
4 TB sugar
1 tspn salt
1 large egg
60ml sesame, basil & cilantro pesto
40gm cold butter, chopped
*10 chicken sausage
*1 cup grated cheddar cheese
*1 TB black peppercorn, crushed
(1) combine starter dough ingredient to form a dough, let to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(2) now, combine main dough ingredients together with starter dough (break into pieces) to form soft & sticky dough and again let to rest for 1-1/2 hour or till double in size.
(3) punch dough to release air and knead till smooth, then divide into 10 equal portions.
(4) roll each dough into long string and wrap around the sausage.
(5) place to greased baking tray & let to rest for 30 mins.
(6) brush on egg glazing and top with cheese & black pepper.
(7) bake at preheated oven 185'C for about 18-20 mins or till brown.
starter dough /pre-ferment dough and gelatized dough too will give you a very moist & fluffy buns. The bread is so so aromatic. Even my kitchen smell like pesto. lol. Guess what! The breads are all gone before I managed to take down another few more shots by the next morning. Yeap....they just love it. They had them for supper the same night, then breakfast the next morning and they also took them to school for lunch. :o)
I'm sending this to Yeastspotting @ Wild Yeast.