Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tomato & Ricotta Salsa Bruchetta


The weather has been really hot for the past few weeks, even if its rain some times. I hardly take any heavy meal these days. Sometimes, I even ended up a day by only taking a few slices of bread & crackers but drinking loads of water & Chinese tea & green tea. However, thought of making myself some salsa with ricotta cheese today. It's been ages since I last had them. I really enjoy it especially on toasted breads.....Just imagine having them in front of my TV with my favourite Korean drama series under this kind of crazy weather. I am actually aftering this Korean drama lately, [The Moon That Embraces  The Sun]. Exciting & beautiful story !

So, here's what I did.
Ingredients :
1 large onion, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 Japanese cucumber, diced
1/2 cup  cilantro, chopped
1/3 cup  roasted sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds
1 cup  homemade ricotta cheese
a dash of black pepper corn, crushed
2 TB  lemon juice
1 TB  lime juice
a dash salt

Method :
Combine everything together and mix well. Serve onto french bread or as side dish as desired.

Ahhhh.... here's my lovely bread ! I think I'm going to have coffee to go with this today. haha... Coffee fits better, right? Hope you guys are going to have a chill day.

15 comments:

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

The sort of meal I would love but my husband would not. He is not a salad man! Take care Diane

Jess @ Bakericious said...

Kristy, I need some now, so hungry lol.

Belinda said...

Yes, need to remember to load up on liquids! Great bruschetta!

Ann@Anncoo Journal said...

Yes, the weather is crazy hot! I also like to take light meal nowadays.

Happy Valley Chow said...

I love a good bruchetta, they make for a great appetizer!

Happy Blogging!
Happy Valley Chow

Amy said...

I used to order Bruchetta for appetizer whenever I go out. But it's so simple to prepare it makes more sense to prepare at home. :P

I used to follow Korean and Hong Kong drama too. Wish I get more time to do just that. ;)

Mich Piece of Cake said...

Love the salad, and how's served on the crusty bread. A light and healthy appetiser or even a lunch for me!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Perfect and Healthy!

divya said...

Looks amazing ! Healthy one too...

Mr. & Mrs. P said...

Simple and delicious combination of flavors!!!!

GlutenFreeHappyTummy said...

oooh yum!! love tomatoes:)

Angie Schneider said...

My kind of lunch, Kristy. Very fresh and delicious.

Rosita Vargas said...

Se ve muy ricas y lindas me gustan las brochetas ,abrazos y abrazos.

Merryn said...

This is my kinda meal! I love anything with tomatoes and cheese!

Claudia said...

Loving this - it sings of spring and my favorite way to eat. Of course, we are still knee deep in winter and doing stews...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...