SCS dairy Chinese New Year special. I haven't been baking much lately and this green tea pineapple roll is totally an inspiration. Luckily, I still have some green tea powder in hand and what am I waiting for ! It only took me an hour to complete everything. Goody....goody....goody.....
Ingredients for Green Tea pastry dough :
250gm butter, softened
60gm icing sugar
2 egg yolk
320gm all purpose flour
15gm green tea powder
Fillings : 600gm pineapple jam (recipe as here & here)
(1) cream butter and icing sugar till pale in colour then beat in egg yolk till creamy smooth.
(2) next, fold in flour & green tea powder and mix well. Do not over mix the dough.
(3) let pastry dough rest for 10 minutes.
(4) place dough into pastry mould press and press dough onto working table then add in pineapple jam fillings.
(5) roll dough like swiss roll then place roll up pastry onto baking tray lined with parchment paper.
(6) brush egg wash onto pastry then bake at preheated oven 180'C for about 20-25 minutes.
Hereby, I would like to wish all my readers a very HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR. Enjoy & have loads of fun ! GONG XI GONG XI