Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pineapple Jam

As promised, here's my homemade pineapple jam. It's quite an exhausting job!

Ingredients :
1 whole pineapple, blended ( 2 canned pineapple)
1 cinnamon sticks
2 cloves
1/2 cup sugar

Method :

- drained the extra pineapple juice, this will help the jam to cook faster.
- place all ingredients to a non-stick cookware.
- and simmer over medium heat.
- stir the boiling puree gradually, make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom.
- switch to low heat once the pineapple puree became a little sticky.

- slowly simmer untill dry and nice, which is easy to assemble the biscuit.
Now, this is just perfect!

Then keep in the fridge to cool. You can always adjust the sugar to the taste you want, sweet or tangy!

Before ending this, I would like to thank Fimere @ Aux Delices Des Gourmet for passing the TAQ along to me. Well, actually I'm not sure how it works! However, here's the pictures instead of picture I would like to show you all. These were taken two weeks back.



I managed to capture this view just in front of my house by that evening. Amazing... isn't it?

Then I was appointed to pass it along to 6 other blogger :

(1) Claudia @ What's Cookin' Italian Style Cuisine

(2) Anncoo's Hobby

(3) Chaya @ Sweet & Savory

(4) Rebecca @ Chow and Chatter

(5) Gera @ Sweets Foods Blog

(6) Jodi & Patricia @ Two Girls Cooking

Please kindly past this along to 6 other food blogger. Have fun!

23 comments:

penny aka jeroxie said...

I wish there was an automatic stirrer! I stood by the stove for an hour stirring the jam.

Vanillastrawberryspringfields said...

I so love doing my own jams too and this one rocks...i would go for sweet with a light tang and these sure must be the jam u used for those really fantastic cookies right???

pegasuslegend said...

Your jam sounds heavenly wow! it looks so delicious wish I had this to spread on my toast or for my cake would have tried some, diffinitely next time Thanks so much for tagging me. I will try and pass this along soon :)

MaryMoh said...

My pineapple is waiting in the fridge, to be cooked to make pineapple jam....so much work! I'm just lazy now :P

Bob said...

I'm so making that. Looks awesome!

Anncoo said...

Had cooked pineapple jam once but now I usually buy ready made from the ingredients shop.
Thanks for passing the TAQ to me.
Your pictures are amazing *.*

Divina Pe said...

I haven't tasted real pineapple jam except from the stores. This a great and simple recipe follow. Gorgeous view you have there.

Cheah said...

I take the easy way out, just go and get them from the ingredients shop

Lyndsey said...

It does sound perfect! maybe I'll try it in my bread machine, hehe!

Nice pics!

Dee said...

That does look perfectly yummy!! I can only imagine the wonderful things this could pair up with. Great!!

Heavenly Housewife said...

What a lovely jam, very unique. Its the kind of thing you can never get in the shops. Great job!
*kisses* HH

Fimère said...

c'est excellent moi j'en raffole
bonne soirée

Chow and Chatter said...

thanks so much sweet Kristi i got some pineapple jam in Saint Martin yours looks better though whats is TAQ?? thanks for the I guess award lol Rebecca

5 Star Foodie said...

Thanks so much for sharing your pineapple jam recipe! The pictures of the sky are very dramatic!

Sweet and Savory said...

Your photo is unbelievable. It is stunning. I love it.

Thanks for the TAQ. I am not sure what I am supposed to do. I am guessing to take a photo and forward it but I could be all wrong.

Gera @ SweetsFoodsBlog said...

Pineapple jams marvelous for my breakfast!
I don't have very clear about the TAQ, I guess I'd pass some pic to other bloggers. Thanks!!!

Cheers,

Gera

sowmya.s said...

will try it soon..looks yumm..

3 hungry tummies said...

Thanks for the recipe, I'll make some the next time i need to exercise my arm haha!

ChrisAu said...

woah...the spread must be very delicious!! And, nice pics!

cherry potato said...

哈哈,你最近也忙着做饼干哦.

Shirley said...

Hey Kristy,
That was hard work. Didnt you mean "cloves" rather than "gloves?"
Lol! Great view!

alwayswinner786 said...

Kristy yumylicious jam. My pineapples will be glad to get such wonderful treatment.Ha ha!
Thanks for sharing your own evening sky with us.

Katy ~ said...

Yummm..I would love a nice dollop of this! It looks irresistible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...