Crystal Prawn Dumpling @ Har Gao
My son special request... Har Gao! His only favourite dim sum steamed dish other than deep dried food. So, this is my first attempt for the sake of my kid. And I think it came out looking terrific! The best thing was both my son & my girl loves it.
some spring onion and fresh coriander leaves
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tspn corn starch
1 tspn vegetarian oyster sauce
1/2 tspn sesame oil
1 tbsp shortening (optional)
* marinade shrimps with the seasoning & spring onion, then set aside.
Ingredients for Dumpling Skin :
100gm wheat starch
50gm tapioca starch
150ml hot water
- combine wheat starch and tapioca starch in a big bowl.
- stir in the hot water slowly and stir untill turned into soft dough.
- knead the dough untill smooth.
- divide dough into 20 dough balls and cover with damp cloth.
- roll each into flat round pastry skin and place in the prawns.
- seal the edges and place them onto the steamer tray.
Then steam for 10 minutes and serve hot.
To make this transparent looking dumplings you need to use good quality or branding wheat starch. Well, hope you all will enjoy making this at home too and have fun!