I think pineapple tart sounds so familiar to all! I have to admit that we Malaysian just super love this yummy goodies. Well, it's not cheap at all if you buy it from the shop or order from the homemade one. It cost about $28-$38 per container (roughly about 50-60 pcs), some even selling them for $48! Had never calculated out the actual pieces contained.... Cause I just wallop them up before the counting job done. Hahaha.... One thing is.. it actually tastes much better when it's still fresh for the first 1-2 weeks time. So, the best thing is to made your own! Fresh and then much cheaper. It's not difficult at all.
Ingredients for dough:
300gm all purpose flour
1 egg yolk
160 butter ( I used margarine)
30gm milk powder
a pinch of salt
*egg glaze : one egg yolk + 1 tspn milk
- combined flour, milk powder & salt and mix well.
- cream sugar and butter untill fluffy, stir in eggs.
- fold in the dry ingredients and mix to form a soft dough.
- leave to rest for about an hour.
- dig out one teaspoon of dough, press a hole in the center.
- place in pineapple jam, seal and roll dough into an oblong shape.
- place it to baking tray and press with a dough cutter for shaping.
- brush on egg glaze and bake at 175'c untill golden brown (about 10-15 mins).
Ta...da... Isn't it easy? I'm lucky cause I just bought the ready made pineapple jam from the specialty store. I've made some pineapple jam actually. Will post it out soon!