1 small size cabbage
200gm long beans
4 red chillies
1 canned pineapple
1/2 cup roasted sesame seeds
1/2 cup roasted ground peanut
3 tspn chili powder (add a few more spoons if prefer spicy)
1 tbsp turmeric powder
Blended Ingredients :
1" knob ginger
6 cloves garlic
2 stalks lemon grass, only take 2" of bottom part
2 candlenuts, smashed
1 tbsp belachan/shrimp paste
1-2" knob galanga/lengkuas
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup lime juice/lemon juice
- washed and cut all vegetables in small sizes.
- marinade cucumber with 2tspn salt and set aside.
- preheat a pot with 4 cups water, 1 tspn salt and 1 cup vinegar.
- slightly boil all the vegetables for one minute except cucumber & pineapples.
- do not over cook them, making sure they're still nice & crunchy.
- then leave aside for cooling and drain.
- preheat frying pan with 2 tbsp cooking oil.
- stir in the blended spices and saute untill fragrant, then add in turmeric powder.
- rinse cucumber with clean water and drain.
- then place all vegetables and chili powder into a big bowl.
- add in the seasoning and the fried mixed spices.
- stir untill well combined and leave to chill over night.
The best is to separate them into smaller containers for storage. This can be kept in the fridge for a very long period. So, ENJOY!!!