Almond Crispy Crisps
Finally came to this recipe which is adapted to Anncoo's Hobby almond cookies recipe. I really wanted to thank her for this. There were lots of leftover egg whites after making the pineapple biscuits the other day and this recipe just perfect for clearing up all the egg whites for me.
90gm all purpose flour
60gm butter, melted
2 egg whites (roughly about 70gm), lightly beaten
1/4 tspn almond essence ( I used vanilla essence)
some almond flakes
- combine flour, melted butter and beaten egg white together and mix well.
- keep the mixture cover and leave to rest for an hour.
- finally, drop a spoon of batter onto baking tray and spread mixture to a round 5-6cm diameter.
- sprinkle each with almond flakes.
- then bake at 170'c for about 10 mins or untill slightly golden brown.
- leave to cool for about 5 mins before lifting.
This is such fabulous goodies. It's crunchy and it's smell terrific too! I just can't stop chewing on them. Actually, this sounds like some kind of the Chinese version meringue! So, what do you think?