90gm all purpose flour
60gm butter, melted
2 egg whites (roughly about 70gm), lightly beaten
1/4 tspn almond essence ( I used vanilla essence)
some almond flakes
- combine flour, melted butter and beaten egg white together and mix well.
- keep the mixture cover and leave to rest for an hour.
- finally, drop a spoon of batter onto baking tray and spread mixture to a round 5-6cm diameter.
- sprinkle each with almond flakes.
- then bake at 170'c for about 10 mins or untill slightly golden brown.
- leave to cool for about 5 mins before lifting.
This is such fabulous goodies. It's crunchy and it's smell terrific too! I just can't stop chewing on them. Actually, this sounds like some kind of the Chinese version meringue! So, what do you think?