Haw Flakes Butter Cookies
Here's another simple and yet easy to make butter cookies with the addition of Haw flakes in it. Haw flakes is actually made of something called Hawthorn berries which I've the pictures as below. And they're all imported from China. I like eating it when I was a child. And now my children love eating it as well.
1/2 tspn vanilla essence/extract
200gm all purpose flour
1/2 tspn baking powder
5 packets Haw Flakes
- cream butter and sugar untill fluffy.
- stir in eggs and vanilla essence, mix untill well combined.
- divide dough into 2 portion, wrap with plastic sheets.
- roll dough into oblong shape.
- chill for 3-4 hours(in freezer) or overnight preferred.
- then slice roughly about 7mm thickness, place them to baking tray.
- finally, bake at 180'c for 15 mins.
Just look at these fresh Hawthorns. Isn't it gorgeous? It looks like cherry but a little bigger than that. So, enjoy and have a nice weekend, guys ! Cheers always.
And here's some further info regarding this fruit, click here.