Thursday, April 30, 2015
Basil Tuna Buns
400gm bread flour / high protein flour
2 tspn yeast
4 TB sugar
1 cup fresh basil leaves
70gm cold butter, chopped
1/2 tspn salt
*2 canned ready mixed tuna
*egg glazing : 1 egg yolk mix with 1TB of milk.
(1) blend together milk & basil leaves till leaves nicely pureed.
(2) now, place together flour, yeast, sugar, egg & milk mixture and stir to form a soft dough.
(3) then add in salt & cold butter, continue kneading till dough became smooth & elastic.
(4) leave dough to rest for an hour or till double in size, by covering it with a damp towel.
(5) when its ready, punch dough to release air bubbles and continue kneading for another few seconds, then divide dough into 12 portions.
(6) flatten dough and fill in the tuna mixture, sealed then place it to a greased baking tray till every completed.
(7) again, let dough rest for another 40-45 minutes then brush on egg glazing.
(8) finally, bake at preheated oven 200'C for about 15 minutes or till golden brown.