Dragon Boat festival or 'duan wu jie' The Asian is commonly known as 'zong zi'. But 'zong zi' is usually wrapped in bamboo leaves which is more durable for storage.
300gm glutinous rice, soaked for 4 hours
200ml thick coconut milk, warmed
1 tspn salt
* 8 pcs banana leaves
* 1 pisang tanduk, sliced
(1) drained rice then steam for 20 minutes without additional water.
(2) now, stir together coconut milk, sugar & salt till dissolved.
(3) once the rice is done, remove tray from steamer then add in coconut milk mixture and stir to mix well. Leave cool till coconut mixture has totally absorbed.
* Note : Always blanch banana leaves over hot water to soften the leaves before used. You may as well freeze the leftover bananas for other recipes.
(1) place a tablespoon of rice to banana leaf then fill in sliced banana, top with some more rice and wrap them by folding into a parcel.
(2) finally steam at preheated steamer for about 30 minutes over high heat.