500gm bread flour/ high protein flour
1 TB sugar
1-1/2 tspn yeast
1/2 tspn salt
1-1/2 TB black sesame paste or tahini
180ml warm milk
2 eggs, do not beat
80gm cold butter, chopped
*1 cup white sesame seeds mixed with 1/3 cup black sesame seeds for coating
* 1 cup milk for dipping the dough
(1) combine all ingredients except butter, mix to form a soft dough then add in butter and continue kneading till everything is well coorperated. Then leave dough to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(2) when ready, punch dough to release excess air and knead till smooth. Then, place dough into working table and divide into 4 equal portions and round them. Let them rest for 10 minutes before further shaping.
(3) Now, again divide each 4 of them into 6 small portions to make it 24 small balls.
(4) dip each of them into milk then coat with sesame seeds and place them nicely to the 4.5 x 4.5 x 9" greased tray till completed.
(5) Again, let dough sit & rest in the tray for an hour or till nicely rose or double in size. Then bake at preheated oven 190'C for 25 minutes with open top.
(6) when done, rest for 10 minutes before transferring from tray.