Negeri Sembilan Spicy Lemongrass Chicken

For the past couple of weeks, hubbys' friends started gather around and hanging out at my place during the night for tea. We usually get together and meet up at the kopitiam or coffee shop but they're suggesting to go to my place. So, ended up everyone comes here. And the other day, a friend bring in a huge poultry (about 3kg chicken) and asked me to make something out of it for the night. I then decided to bring in two recipes with one chicken. I used half of it for this spicy lemongrass fried chicken which my Malay sister in law used to make. Since my Malay sister in law is from N.Sembilan, so I named it after her.

And here's what I did.
Ingredients :
1/2 or 1.5kg  chicken, chopped
3 TB  corn flour
salt to taste

Blended paste :
1 large onion
6 cloves  garlic
3 stalk   lemongrass, thinly sliced
1 inch  ginger, sliced
10  bird eyes chilies
1"  turmeric or 1/2 TB  turmeric powder
(bring everything into blender & grind into paste)

Method :
(1) marinade chicken with the blended paste & salt for about an hour (drained if they're extra juices).
(2) now, preheat a wok or deep frying pan with enough cooking oil to fry the marinaded chicken meat.
(3) at this moment, add corn flour into marinaded chicken meat and mix to combine then transfer chicken to hot oil and fry till golden brown.

This delicious bite is best to go along with some beer. I guarantee you won't stop at one. Enjoy & have a great ahead everyone !
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...