Homemade La Boheme Walnut & Hazelnut Pillow Bread


Hi guys ! Sorry for being missing for awhile. Have been busy and glad is coming back with some knock out. I have to say I am a big fan of La Boheme Bakery and their walnut bread is one of my favourite., so is my mom ! I bet who ever love La Boheme bakings should know their famous walnut bread as well and I'm making my own just right in the kitchen of My Little Space.    Emmmm.... just something went missing from this bread ! Oh yeah, the sesame topping ! No wonder it looks a bit strange. haha.... Overall, its thumbs up.

Ingredients :
(A)
50ml  warm milk
1 tspn  sugar
1 tspn yeast

(B)
500gm  all purpose flour
1 tspn  baking powder
3 TB  sugar
1 tspn  salt
1 cup  water
1 tspn  vanilla essence
1 egg, do not beat
100ml  cooking oil
*  1 cup  walnut, toasted & crashed
*1/2 cup  hazelnut, toasted & crashed



Method :
(1) combine ingredients (A) and let to sit aside for 10 minutes.
(2) on the other hand, combined ingredients (B) into another big bowl except walnut & hazelnut, stir mixture (A) into (B) to form a soft dough and knead till everything well coorperated then let it rest for an hour or till dough double in size.
(3) now, punch & knead the dough to release excess air then place dough onto slightly floured working table.
(4) flatten dough and spread on the the nuts then roll like swiss roll and divide into 3 equal portions.

(5) now, round the dough by pressing dough from outside into the center and let to sit for 10 minutes.

(6) when ready, cut the edge of dough into flower shape & transfer onto baking tray, then again let to rest for 45 minutes. (my baking tray size is 13.5 x 9",its best to separate them into 2 trays)
(7) finally, brush the top with melted butter and then bake for 20-25 minutes or till nicely brown.

Not to mention about the aroma, the texture of the bread itself already looks fantastic. So soft & fragrant ! I wonder why I didn't try making it earlier. Hope you guys will love it too.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...