Its pineapple harvest season. My friend has load of them to giveaway for free during this time of the year and I'm one of the lucky person here. However, I only took a few. I pushed most of them over to another friend, Chan. Chan used them to make pineapple butter spread & pineapple paste. Later on, he gifted me some of his jam to try out. Oh boy, the pineapple butter spread is absolutely delicious. He only uses pure pineapple puree, sugar, pandanus juice & butter in his recipe and not other than that. And it is addictive !
.pectin to the jam, other than using lemon on it. Green apples can also brighten the colour of the jam. Here's what I did as recipe given as follow. Or you may try other cooking option from here as well.
1 large pineapple (about 1.5kg), peeled & chopped
3 green apples, peeled & sliced
3 lemon, juice
3 pandanus leaves, washed
150gm cold butter, chopped
(1) blend together pineaaple & apples till puree, its best not to add in extra water cause the juices produced by pineapple is good enough to help.
(2) place all ingredients into a non-stick pot except butter, including the lemon and bring it to boil.
(3) reduce the heat to medium fire once the pineapple puree became slightly thickened, continued stirring till it turns into thick lava flow puree.
(4) once its ready, off the heat and immediately discharged the lemon & pandanus leaves. Then add in cold butter and keep stirring till everything well combined
(5) transfer the jam to prepared jars and leave to cool before going into the fridge. The jam will be nicely set once its chilled.