Monday, August 10, 2015
Pineapple Molten Steamed Bun
Ingredients for bao dough :
550gm bao flour
100gm corn starch
3 tspn yeast
5 TB sugar
300ml lukewarm water
50ml water mixed with 1/2 tspn baking powder
Fillings : 15 frozen pineapple jam balls (50gm each)
(1) combine bao flour, corn starch, yeast & sugar into a big mixing bowl then stir in warm water & the other water mixture till soft dough is formed.
(2) add in shortening and continued kneading till dough became smooth then set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size. Cover dough with a damp towel.
(3) when ready, punch dough to release extra air bubbles then knead till smooth.
(4) Next, place dough to working table and divide dough into about 75gm each. Again let dough sit for 10 minutes.
(5) once its ready, flatten dough into round shape and place in the frozen pineapple fillings then quickly wrap & sealed dough.
(6) place filled dough to parchment paper and let to rest for 20 minutes. If possible spray on some water to prevent dry skin and keep dough in the oven with a cup of hot water. This will helps dough to rise probably.
(7) finally, steam buns over preheated steamed for 10-12 minutes.
I'm sending this to May @ Best Recipe Event #Dim Sum