Monday, August 24, 2015
Fuzhou 'Dou Yong' Mooncake @ 福州月饼
Ingredients for Pastry Dough :
120gm all purpose flour
15gm icing sugar
45gm butter, melted
70ml cold water
110gm all purpose flour
*Homemade Dou yong filling : 500gm
(divide into 10 portions)
(1) in one bowl, combine ingredients (A) except water, rub butter & the dry ingredients till well cooperated. Then add in water to form a non-stick soft.dough. Knead to smooth then set aside.
(2) in another bowl, combine ingredients (B) till everything well cooperated then divide into 10 portions.
(3) at the same time, divide dough (A) into 10 portions as well, then wrap ingredient (B) into (A) and sealed to form a ball. And leave aside to rest for 20 minutes
(4) for further rolling method, please refer here, Chinese Pastry, or here.
(5) now, press both end of the pastry dough into center then flatten it by rolling it into round shape.
(6) fill in dou yong and sealed it, place the sealing part by facing down then slightly flatten it with the rolling pin.
(7) transfer filled dough to baking tray line with parchment paper then bake at preheated oven 185'-190'C for about 20 minutes or till nicely brown.