Coconut Custard Matcha Mooncake @ 广式椰丝绿茶月饼
Ingredients for coconut egg custard filling :
180gm fresh grated young coconut
150gm icing sugar
40gm butter, melted
2 small eggs
2 TB custard powder
50gm cooked glutinous flour (koh fun)
(1) stir together sugar & warm melted butter till well combined.
(2) now, bring in all the ingredients and mix to form soft sticky paste.
(3) then divide into 5 portions and squeeze & round it into a ball shape then keep refrigerated to set before used. * This can be prepared a day before.
*You may need more fluid if you're using desicated coconut which is dry & hard.
* Fillings cover : 300gm dou yong paste / mung bean paste
120gm all purpose flour
10gm green tea powder
100gm homemade golden syrup
30gm cooking oil / corn oil
1/2 tspn alkaline or lye water
* Egg glazing : 1 egg yolk + 1 TB milk
(1) stir together syrup, cooking oil & lye water and let to sit for an hour.
(2) when ready, stir liquid mixture into dry ingredients to form a soft dough then again let to rest for another one hour.
(3) now, divide dough into 5 portions & flatten it between a plastic sheet which is more proper. Then fill in the coconut filling and wrap the whole thing up. Make sure its perfectly sealed.
(4) coat a bit of flour all around the dough and press it with a mooncake mould then place it to baking tray lined with parchment paper.
(5) next, bake at preheated oven 160'C for 10 minutes with door ajar.
(6) remove from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before brush on the egg glazing.
(7) finally, place it back to the oven again and bake for another 10 minutes with door ajar till nicely brown.
Today is our NATIONAL DAY, so wishing all the Malaysians HAPPY MERDEKA DAY !