Sunday, September 11, 2016
Five Spice Mooncake Biscuit With Red Bean Paste 五香粉口味公仔饼
Ingredients : (yeild : 28 pcs small mooncakes)
250ml golden syrup
110ml peanut cooking oil
1 tspn alkaline (lye) water
430gm all purpose flour
1/4 tspn baking soda
2 tspn five spice powder 五香粉
*Egg glazing ; 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tspn milk
*Fillings : 850gm red bean paste
* 1/2 cup cooked glutinous rice flour / tung fun (for coating)
(1) combine syrup, cooking oil and lye water, beat well then set aside to rest for an hour.
(2) now, combine flour, 5 spice powder and baking soda till everything is well cooperated then stir in the wet ingredients till a sticky dough is formed. Again cover dough and let to rest for another an hour before used. But still best leave to rest overnight.
(3) next, weight red bean paste /mung bean paste into 30gm each and round them, into 28 pcs.
(4) when dough is ready, weight them into 30gm each, into 28 pcs.
(5) now, wrap red bean paste/mung bean paste with dough then nicely sealed.
(6) then coat wrapped dough with tung fun and mould it with mooncake gadget for shaping.
(7) arrange all mini mooncakes to a greased baking tray lined with parchment paper.
**Note : Overnight dough works better, which is highly recommended.
8) now, bake at preheated oven 170'C for 10 minutes then leave aside to cool while baking the following tray till everything is completed.
(9) later then brush all baked mooncakes with egg glazing and again throw back into the oven and bake for another 10 minutes at 160'C till brown & shinny.
(10) finally, leave to cool completely before storage. Best to consume two(2) days after.
Please check out the link here for my personal mooncake collection.