Walnut Cream Cheese Bun 起司核桃面包
Gelatinised dough :
100gm bread flour
70ml boiling water
(mix together to form a rough dough then rest for 1 hour)
Main Bread dough :
300gm bread flour
100gm all purpose flour
2 TB milk powder
1 TB yeast
1 tspn salt
175ml tap water
1 egg, do not beat
60gm cold butter, chopped
100gm walnut, toasted & chopped
Fillings : 350gm cream cheese, softened at room temperature
150gm icing sugar
1 lime juice & rinds
(mix together all ingredients till well cooperated then keep chilled)
(1) combine both flour, milk powder, sugar, yeast and egg into a big mixing bowl, then tear gelatinised dough into pieces add into the mixture.
(2) either by using an electric hook mixer or by hand, stir mixture by adding in water till a soft dough is form and then add in salt & butter and knead till everything is well cooperated and smooth dough is formed.
(3) now, keep dough cover and leave to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(4) when ready, punch to release excess air and knead till smooth, then place dough to a slightly floured working table and divide into 6 portions. Again, rest for 10 minutes.
(5) next, flatten dough and fill in cream cheese mixture and toasted walnut (reserved 1/3 cup), then sealed and arrange them to 9x13" baking pan lined with parchment paper individually and leave to rest for another 45 minutes.
(6) sprinkle the remaining walnut to the top of each buns then press the center with a gadget to form a doughnut shape dough.
(7) finally, bake at preheated oven 185'C for about 20 minutes or till golden brown.