Homemade Single Yolk Kluang Mooncake 居鑾单黄月餅


Kluang mooncake is my all time favourite. Just because I love pastry crust. The other day hubby's friend told me that he wanted to buy this whenever he drop by Kluang but always long long queue. He gave up most of the time. He tried my homemade Kluang mooncake last year and this year he asked me if he is lucky enough to have some >o< Well, why not ! Of course, he can ! I baked my own mooncakes every year and always fresh from the oven. And this year, I'm trying out a different recipe. Please read on for more.
**Note : For time being kindly use your mobile online to enter or upload my blog page. Thank you.

This year I'm going to try this recipe which adapted from my dearest blogger friend Sonia

( Click here for my other Kluang mooncake recipe )
Ingredients for pastry dough :
175gm  butter, softened in room temperature
50gm  condensed milk
230gm  all purpose flour
25gm    corn flour
1 egg yolk
1 tspn  pandan paste (optional)

**egg glazing :  1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tspn milk
**500-600gm Dou yong filling
**4 salted egg yolks
(wash & brush with vinegar then steamed for 5 minutes and leave cool)

Method :
(1) cream butter, condensed milk & egg yolk till well blended (add in pandanus extract if you prefer pandan flavour) then adding in the flour till soft dough is formed.
(2) wrap dough with plastic sheet then set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
(3) meanwhile, divide dou yong fillings into 150gm each for empty filling & 100gm for single salted egg yolk filling, then hand press them into oblong shape with both sharp end then set aside.
(4) now, bring crust dough onto working table and divide into 110gm each.
(5) by using a plastic sheet, flatten dough between the sheet and place in dou yong fillings.
(6) then wrap dough around dou yong filling and seal nicely.
(7) once its sealed, smooth the dough between the sheet then place it to baking tray.
(8) draw the surface with a fork to produce the mark, then brush on egg glazing and finally bake at preheated oven 180'C for about 20-25 minutes or till the top nicely brown.
(9) once its done, leave aside to cool completely before slicing them, otherwise, both the crust & filling is too soft to be separated.

These babies are just so good looking ! Have to let them completely cool down before we can enjoy it.

Keeping those beautiful boxes & packaging is another hobby of mine and I love to keep them for my photo shoot.

This year I am truly lucky that I am able to get some really fresh salted egg. And the yolk turns out looking super gorgeous and delicious. Bet you're salivating now.... haha..... Mid Autumn just another 3 weeks away. The preparation should be starting anytime soon. Happy baking everyone ! Enjoy & have fun guys.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...