Pandan Custard Layer Cake 香兰千层蛋糕
**Note : For time being kindly use your mobile online to enter or upload my blog page. Thank you.
3 egg yolk
35ml corn oil
40ml full cream milk
50gm cake flour
3 egg white
60gm fine sugar
1/4 tspn cream of tartar
(1) from ingredients (B), whisk egg white till foamy then add in cream of tartar & sugar one tablespoon at a time till everything well combined or till egg white became stiff. Set aside.
(2) from ingredients (A), beat egg yolk, milk and corn oil till everything well corporate.
(3) now, fold in flour bit by bit till well combined and then follow by adding in the oil.
(4) once its ready, transfer batter to a 6" cake tray coated with flour. Remember, do not brush your chiffon cake tray with butter or cooking oil. NEVER !
(5) finally, bake at preheated oven 170'C for about 25-30 minutes or till tester came out clean.
(6) place the cake tray upside down when done and only discharge the cake when its cool.
(7) finally, slice cake into 3 layer.
NOTE : for custard layer you may either use a slightly bigger pan, or a 6-1/2" tray would be just nice but I used plastic container instead. Well, Just take anything available in the kitchen. Don't have to stress out. Relax and have fun !
200ml thick coconut milk
200ml pandan juice
1/2 tspn salt
6gm agar-agar powder
60gm Hoon kueh Flour
( mix till well cooperated )
(1) combine ingredients (A) mix well and bring it to boil till sugar & agar-agar powder dissolved. Then lower the heat.
(2) now, slowly add in mixture (B) at the same time keep on stirring till mixture became thicken.
(3) off the heat, divide mixture into 3 portions, with a measuring cup (roughly about 100ml one portion and 150ml for 2 other portions).
(4) for 1st layer, place 100ml mixture on bottom of the tray and spread well, then place in one portion of cake.
(5) now for 2nd layer, spread the other portion of pandan paste on cake layer, make sure it's well spread, then place in a layer of cake.
(6) for final layer, again spread the remaining pandan paste on cake layer, then place in the final layer of cake. And its done.
(7) Leave to cool completely then keep chilled for an hour before serving.