Fuzhou Dou Yong Mochi Mooncake 福州豆蓉麻糬月饼
Fuzhou pastry mooncke here. I flattened it a bit more compare to the previous one, which caused the pastry looks absolutely stunning and extremely thin. Though the previous pastry looks thicker, it is as flaky and yummy. Please read on for more.
Ingredients for mochi dough :
80gm glutinous rice flour
20gm wheat starch
2-1/2 TB sugar
1/2 tspn banana essence
2 TB corn oil
(1) beat everything till well cooperated then steam for 18 minutes over preheated steamer,
(2) leave cooled completely then knead dough till smooth by flipping & overlap the dough. Finally, weight 10gm each and wrap it into red bean filling.
Ingredients for Pastry Dough :(A)
120gm all purpose flour
15gm icing sugar
45gm cold butter, chopped
70ml cold water
110gm all purpose flour
*Homemade Dou yong filling : 400gm
(divide into 10 portions 40gm each)
(1) in one bowl, combine ingredients (A) except water, rub butter & the dry ingredients till well cooperated. Then add in water to form a non-stick soft.dough. Knead to smooth then set aside.
(2) in another bowl, combine ingredients (B) till everything well cooperated then divide into 10 portions.
(3) at the same time, divide dough (A) into 10 portions as well, then wrap ingredient (B) into (A) and sealed to form a ball. And leave aside to rest for 20 minutes
(4) for further rolling method, please refer here, Chinese Pastry, or here.
(5) now, press both end of the pastry dough into center then flatten it by rolling it into round shape.
(6) wrap mochi into dou yong filling then round it.
(7) then wrap dou yong with pastry dough and sealed it, place the sealing part by facing down then slightly flatten it with the rolling pin.
(8) transfer filled dough to baking tray line with parchment paper then bake at preheated oven 185'-190'C for about 20 minutes or till nicely brown.