Butterscotch White Bread
Yay... This is my 200th post! Oh wow, unbelievable! I've been wanting to make this recipe long time ago but was unable to find the butterscotch chips here. So, I have to make my own butterscotch sauce instead.
Ingredients for Butterscotch :
4 tbsp butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup whipping cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tspn salt
Please follow the original recipe.
*And here's my first batch of homemade butterscotch. Hmm..mm.... Truely yummy!
I need easy to handle texture so I chilled it. I used only about a quarter of them.
Ingredients for Bread dough :
340gm Bread flour
20gm milk powder
1/2 tspn salt
240gm warm milk
1/2 tspn vanilla extract
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup butterscotch chips (omit the sauce if you found the butterscotch chips)
- combine all ingredients together into the mixer.
- mix untill form a soft dough and leave to proof for an hour.
- repeat the kneading process to release the air from dough.
- roll the dough flat and spread on the cold butterscotch.
- roll up the dough like a Swiss roll and place it to a baking tray.
- then leave to proof for another one hour.
- and bake at 190'c for 40mins.A very nice loaf of bread!
Wow, well done! Of coz, to ME! haha... Frankly, the sauce turned out not as strong as I expected. Quite light! Still trying to look for the butterscotch chips. Hopefully, can get some here!
HAPPY 200th POST, to me!!!