Satay Pizza For 'Raya'
Finally, today is the end of the fasting month and the Muslims here will be celebrating their 'Raya' ~ New Year tomorrow. So, I'm here wishing all the Muslims 'SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI'. Actually, I'm in the 'Raya' mood too. haha.... And am making myself a satay pizza for this celebration. Hope you guys will like it too.
And here's the recipe.
Ingredients for Pizza Dough :1 tspn yeast
1/2 tspn sugar
3/4 cup lukewarm water
1-3/4 cup flour
1/2 tspn salt
1 tbsp cooking oil/olive oil
- combine yeast, sugar and water together, leave to rest for 10 mins.
- stir in flour, cooking oil and salt to form a soft dough.
- leave to rest for about an hour or untill double the size.
- punch to release air from dough and again knead untill smooth.
- roll to flatten the dough, then place it to a baking tray.
Ingredient for Satay Chicken :
500gm chicken breast, cubed
(Marinade chicken meat with ingredients, here. And then pan fried untill cooked over medium heat)
Ingredients for Base Sauce :
1 inch ginger
5 Birdseye chillies
5cm cinnamon stick
1 cup tomato puree
1 cup coconut milk
1 tspn turmeric powder
1 tspn cumin powder
1 tspn coriander powder
1 tspn cayenne pepper powder
salt & pepper to taste
- pound together ginger, scallion, garlic & chillies.
- then saute the paste with some oil over medium untill fragrant.
- add in tomato puree and the seasonings, cook for about 2 mins.
- stir in coconut milk and cook for another 10 mins and set aside.
To Assemble :
- spread the base sauce over prepared dough.
- place in some sliced green bell pepper, cubed pineapple, satay chicken, sliced onion, some mayonnaise and mozzarella cheese. Finally, sprinkle on a dash of curry powder.
- bake at 220'C for about 20mins or untill brown.
- serve warm.
Woooo..... wanna try some of my satay pizza??? I'm not making the peanut sauce for the base because my kids are not allowed to eat any peanuts for the time being. They just recovered from chicken pox. According to the tradition, they're also not allow to take any duck meat, taro and cucumber for the next three months. The elderly said this is to prevent the virus from transforming into something else which will cause other bad infection to our skin in future. So, any comment on this? I will be happy to hear it from you too.