Monday, July 20, 2009

Satay Drumstick

Satay is a very popular delicacy in Indonesia and Malaysia. In Malaysia, satay is a popular dish especially during celebrations for the Malays and can be found throughout the country. It may served with spicy peanut gravy; which I don't have it here today, and onion, cucumber and ketupat (press rice cake). To make it simple for my family dinner, I'm using drum stick instead of slice meat. And it still going well! Here you are...

Ingredients :

10 drum sticks
1 tspn tumeric powder
1 tspn curry powder
1 tspn coriander powder
1/2 tspn cumin powder
5 tbsp sugar
1 tspn salt
1 tbsp sesame oil
Method :
- marinade drum sticks with all ingredients at once.
- it's better to leave over night in the fridge.
- then preheat frying pan with a tablespoon of cooking oil.
- simmer drum stick over medium low heat untill golden brown.
- next bake the drumsticks for another 15mins at 200'c.
- and serve hot.

Oh dear, it smell sooo....delicious! Just imagine the combination of the mix spices! My son loves it so much.

By the time dinner is ready, I heard laughter coming out of my room. So, I sneak in and see what is going on! And my son asked me to look at the pictures of my dog! ha ha ha


Oh my goodness, just look at my kids!!!! What have they done to my dog!! ha ha ha

16 comments:

Katy ~ said...

Satay chicken ~ I have only read about this in books. I have never eaten this. It looks so good. I can see why it is so popular not just in your country but here as well. I even love the sound of the word!

I like your platter too!

My Little Space said...

Welcome to my blog Katy, I'm glad you like the recipe and the platter as well. ha ha! N thanks for the visit!

Lara said...

My husband just loves anything with curry in it and my kids love drumsticks. This looks like something we would love. I love your kids' "dog-art". :)

Joycee said...

We love satay when we eat out, I will definately try this! Your little doggy is very cute and the kids are having fun! Thanks so much for coming to visit grannymountain today.

pink said...

I've nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger award! Visit my blog for details.

Mary said...

I will have to try your version of satay. It looks really good.

Chris Nyles said...

Yum! That really looks so good. I've never made chicken satay using chicken drumsticks. I've always sliced chicken breast thinly and grill them in skewers, but they go so fast.
I will definitely try your recipe.

My daughter's reply to my question "what did you enjoy most during yout trip?" when she came back from Johor Bahru in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore last summer as a graduation gift from her dad, she answered without hesitation, "the food".

Cookin' Canuck said...

Wow, that is a fantastic recipe! The combination of spices sounds so flavorful. I'm saving this to my favorites.

cutigerash said...

great recipe. I love satay skewers, but this should be a great twist for the grill.

curiousdomestic said...

Mmm . . . I like satay very much. An excellent idea!

youfei said...

oooh...slurps! I love love satay and drumstick! What better way to pair them up! It'd be fantastic with satay peanut sauce! yum yum yum!

Jess @ Bakericious said...

Hi kristy I ve made the satay drumsticks, yummy :)

My Little Space said...

Youfei : Welcome to my little spcae and hope to hear from you more often. Glad that you like this recipe too.

Jess : Haha... well done! Glad that you like it.

Thanks ladies for visiting and hope you will enjoy every bit of this recipe.

Cheers, kristy

Anonymous said...

Awesome post.
Feel free to surf my web-site : clean my pc

Anonymous said...

Excellent goods from you, man. I have remember your stuff previous to and you're simply too excellent. I really like what you've obtained right here,
certainly like what you're saying and the way in which wherein you say it. You're
making it enjoyable and you still take care of to stay it wise.
I can not wait to learn much more from you. That is actually a tremendous site.
Feel free to visit my web page ; Work from home

Anonymous said...

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how
could i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped me a
acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright transparent concept
My webpage :: piano lessons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...