Saturday, July 4, 2009

Blueberry Sunshine Scone

Finally, I've bought myself some blueberries. Probably because of the price cut, I quickly grabbed 2 boxes of blueberries and a box of strawberry from Melaka shopping mall. I'm so happy!! At last, at last, I can bake and cook something with blueberries. I wanted to make some scones with them, since it is one of my favourite. Let's do it!!

Ingredients :
3 cups self-raising flour
1/2 tspn salt
1 tbsp sugar
60gm butter
1 cup milk
1/2 cup blueberries
1 tspn lemon rind


Methods :

- combine lemon rind into milk.
- add 2-3/4 cups flour, salt & sugar in a big bowl.
- rub in butter with your fingertip untill well mix.
- combine milk mixture into the flour to form a soft dough.
- add in the blueberries and roughly knead to combine.
- place the dough onto slightly floured surface, with the remaining flour.
- shape dough into round and place onto baking tray.
- bake for 20 mins at 195'c.
- leave cool.


Mandarin Frosting :

1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp water
1 tspn mandarin orange concentrate liquid

- combine all ingredients and mix well.



4 comments:

finsmom said...

Scones are a huge weakness of mine :) These sound fabulous!

Mary said...

These look and sound delicious. Great recipe. Thanks for sharing it with us. Blessings...Mary

nyonya pendek melaka said...

haha, yes blueberries are really expensive in Msia as well as in Spore. glad you got them at discounted rates :D. i thk the scones will go so nice with a cup of tea.

Lucia from Madison said...

I made these yesterday. Real good. Thanks for the recipe! I did not have self rising flour so I added a tablespoon of baking powder to the all purpose flour. Came out great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...