The cooking method for this kind of noodle is almost the same as 'Hokkien Mee'; the only difference is 'Hokkien Mee' using thicker noodle. Or you can try to cook with spaghetti instead. I cooked this almost every week and serve with sweet green bean soup or 'tong yuen'.
1 kg Chinese yellow noodle
200gm squid, sliced
some fish cakes, sliced
some vegetables, cutted
some chopped garlic
3 cups water
1/2 cup vegetarian oyster sauce
2 tspn light soya sauce
1-1/2 tbsp dark soya sauce
some ground pepper to taste
- heat the wok/frying pan.
- fry the chopped garlic with 3/4 cup of cooking oil untill fragrant.
- then add in prawns and fish cakes, stir well under medium heat.
- now, add in all the seasoning and simmer for a min.
- then add in water and bring to boil.
- next, add in the noodle and let it cook untill soft.
- need to stir gradually, do not let water dry up.
- finally, add in the vege and off the heat.
- serve hot.
Make sure you stir well when cooking the noodle, otherwise it will stick to the bottom.The vegetarian oyster sauce is actually made of mushroom. It tasted as good as the original oyster sauce.