Thursday, July 23, 2009

Apple Cinnamon Scone

Scone, scone, scone, I love scone! I love them in any way! I just feel like having some scones for tomorrow breakfast. So, have decided to make this apple cinnamon scone. Sounds lovely, isn't it? Apple & Cinnamon! Cinnamon is always my favourite.

Ingredients :

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tspn double action baking power
1/2 tspn baking soda
1 tspn cinnamon powder
30gm butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup milk
1 green apple, grated
*for dusting : 1 tbsp sugar + 1/4 tspn cinnamon powder

Method :

- combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon in a big bowl.
- add butter and rub in using fingertips.
- then add in the grated apple.
- combine egg and milk, reserve 1 tbsp for glazing.
- mix the egg mixture into the dry ingredients to form a dough.
- turn onto a floured surface and shape it.
- brush on the egg mixture and top with cinnamon & sugar dusting.
- bake for 12-15 mins at 220'c.
Look at the grated apple still can be seen clearly!

You need to sprinkle more sugar and cinnamon mixture for better look.
The scone texture looks good! I love the aroma of cinnamon.

And I love to eat them with lots butter and jam ! So are my kids!

13 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

What a great combination for a scone. I love this. Id like 2 with my coffee right now. Seriously I would. Fantastic!

nyonya pendek melaka said...

just like you, i too really like cinnamon. just bought a cinnamon pretzel at the mall just now! i agree with Donna-FFW above, your scones will be just perfect with coffee.

Chow and Chatter said...

perfect scones sure your not British!

Heavenly Housewife said...

Wow, these r beautiful. Cinnamon is a real favorite of mine.

Finsmom said...

Scones are my weakness! These look great!
Thanks for sharing!

A World in a PAN said...

You said scones? I love them. I usually have them with a bit of butter and honey, but yours are so tempting that I have to try them!

Reeni♥ said...

Those look so yummy loaded with butter and jam! How delicious!

Gera @ SweetsFoods said...

Scones my favorites for tea-time / coffee-time and super with jams :)

Lin said...

I love scones and will have to try these! No wonder you liked my apple-cinnamon recipe! It's a great combo.
Thanks for visiting my blog, however I just saw your comment today! Please come back and check out my blueberry muffins!

My Little Space said...

Hi Donna, NPM, Rebecca, HH, Finsmom,Reeni, Gera & Lin :

Thanks! How I wish that you all can join me for tea! Have a lovely weekend.

Katy ~ said...

Scones are a wonderful little treat aren't they? So versatile and lovely with a hot morning beverage or an afternoon break. Cinnamon and apple, a delicious combination that is one of my favorites! I have been thinking of making a coffee cake but I see this, and I think, this is better today.

Megan said...

I love scones and I love cinnamon so these tasty treats are right up my alley!

My Little Space said...

Hi Katy and Megan,

Thanks for visiting and glad that you like it as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...