2 cups all purpose flour
2 tspn double action baking power
1/2 tspn baking soda
1 tspn cinnamon powder
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup milk
1 green apple, grated
*for dusting : 1 tbsp sugar + 1/4 tspn cinnamon powder
- combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon in a big bowl.
- add butter and rub in using fingertips.
- then add in the grated apple.
- combine egg and milk, reserve 1 tbsp for glazing.
- mix the egg mixture into the dry ingredients to form a dough.
- turn onto a floured surface and shape it.
- brush on the egg mixture and top with cinnamon & sugar dusting.
- bake for 12-15 mins at 220'c.
Look at the grated apple still can be seen clearly!
You need to sprinkle more sugar and cinnamon mixture for better look.
The scone texture looks good! I love the aroma of cinnamon.
And I love to eat them with lots butter and jam ! So are my kids!