Century Egg Salad

Century egg also known as preserved egg and is a Chinese cuisine ingredient made by preserving duck, chicken and quail eggs in the mixture of clay, ash, salt, lime and rice straw for several weeks or several months depending on the method of processing. After processing completed, the yolk became dark green with strong odour with sulphur and ammonia. While the egg white became dark brown, transparent jelly with little flavour. Most Chinese will probably take this with pickled ginger but I like it in my way...which I've combined them to make salad instead! I love the mixture of flavour...very clean and nice!

Ingredients :

4 century eggs, sliced thin
100gm pickle scallion
2 zucchinis, cut
a little roasted sesame

Dressing :

2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp sugar

- combine the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.

Method :

- mix sliced century eggs, pickle scallion and zucchinis in a large bowl.
- add in the dressing mixture and stir well.
- sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
- chill up before serve.
This is the sliced century egg that I'm trying to show you. Beautiful, isn't it!

And this is pickle scallion. I wonder if you can get this from your Asian Food Store!


Wa..la... I can tell just how much I love this! I think the Vietnamese also made this kind of century egg but it's golden in colour!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...