Yes, it's raining here almost everyday and windy. But not as scary as 120mph like in Ireland!
And I think this is the best time to enjoy all kinds of steam and bake goods which I've been doing for the past couple of days. This is yet another easy to prepare steamed bun and you can have any fillings in it. As for mine, I have them with coffee lotus paste.
Ingredients for Bun Dough :
250gm Bao flour
200gm superfine flour
50gm black sesame powder
2 tspn baking powder
2/3 tbsp yeast
300ml lukewarm water
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tbsp sugar
(1) combine all ingredients (B) and mix well, then set aside for 10 mins.
(2) combine ingredients (A) in a big mixing bowl, except shortening.
(3) stir mixture (B) into (A) and mix to form a sticky dough.
(4) add in shortening and mix to combine.
(5) leave dough to rest for about 20 mins, do not over proof.
(6) then divide dough into 40gm/50gm each.
(7) then wrap in any desired fillings and place it onto a greaseproof paper.
(8) steam for 10 mins over high heat.
(9) serve hot.
The freshly steamed buns are so soft & fluffy and really aromatic. The aroma of that black sesame is absolutely stunning.This recipe may also perfect for making Chinese Birthday Bun. Hope you will love it!
I'm sending this to Chaya @ My Sweet & Savory for Meatless Monday Event.