Ingredients for Bottom Crust :
180gm butter, softened
1 tspn vanilla extract
1/3 cup sugar (90gm)
250gm all purpose flour
(1) cream butter, vanilla and sugar untill fluffy.
(2) fold in flour and mix to form a soft dough.
(3) press dough to a 9" square pan, lined with greaseproof paper.
(4) bake at 180'c preheated oven for about 25 mins.
Ingredients for Rice Pops Caramel :
1 can (450gm) condensed milk
2 tbsp syrup
1 cup rice pops
* 2/3 cup crashed roasted pecan
(1) combine butter, condensed milk and syrup in a sauce pan.
(2) leave to cook untill thicken or for about 15 mins.
(3) fold in rice pops and mix well.
(4) pour the mixture over to the shortbread base.
(5) bake at 180'c preheated oven for about 10 mins.
(6) spread on the roasted crashed pecan.
(7) leave to cool completely and then keep refrigerated untill set before slicing.
A 9 inches tray of bake goodie !!! How long do you think this can last? Not long for sure. Actually, I hold up half of them and store it somewhere safe for the next day. This sounds terrible, isn't it! haha... They're safe from the kids but not ME. lol ! ^_^
I'm sending this to My Sweet & Savory by Chaya, for Meatless Monday Event.