And here's my hearty steamed pumpkin mantou to join in the crowds.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Dough :
1 tspn baking powder
200gm mashed pumpkin
5 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
40ml lukewarm water
1 tspn yeast
* extra flour for dusting
* 1/3 cup guava paste, diced
(1) combine water and yeast , set aside for 5 mins.
(2) place flour, sugar baking, powder and mashed pumpkin in a big mixing bowl.
(3) stir yeast mixture into dry ingredients and mix to form a soft dough.
(4) add in the olive oil and knead to combine.
(5) leave to rest for 30 mins before shaping.
(6) flatten the dough, spread the diced guava paste on and roll it up like a swiss roll.
(7) divide into 6 portion and place them to the greaseproof paper.
(8) finally, steam for 10 mins over high heat.
The dough is quite moist and soft. Must handle with care. ^_^
Oh Boy! The smell of pumpkin is so strong and amazing. And an extra sweetness from the melting guava paste is absolutely fantastic..... Hmmm...mm.... Just imagine to have these in your hearty creamy soup. Yummm.....