500gm dried rice vermicelli, soaked
200-300gm bean sprout, cleaned
1 cucumber, cut in shreds
1 whole chicken breast fillet, cut in shreds
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
salt & pepper to taste
Ingredients for spicy sauce :
1-1/2 cups water
6 birds eye/red chilies, thinly sliced
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 cup calamansi juice
1 tbsp lime juice
some chopped garlic, optional
(1) marinade shredded chicken fillet with sesame oil, light soy sauce and salt & pepper. Set aside.
(2) bring a pot of water to boil then place in bean sprouts and let simmer for one minutes. Remove bean sprouts from hot water and soak them in tap water for a few seconds. Then drain and leave aside to cool.
(3) by using the same pot of hot water, boil the soaked vermicelli till cooked, remove them from boiling water once it's done, drain and leave aside to cool.
(4) preheat a frying pan without any cooking oil, stir in marinated chicken fillet and saute till the meat turned brown & dry. Cut the meat into smaller sizes after cooled.
(5) for the sauce, combine water & sugar into a sauce pan and let it boil till sugar is totally dissolved. Off the heat, leave aside to cool completely before adding in other ingredients.
(6) finally put everything together and enjoy.
If you want to enjoy such tasty bean sprout, please spend a little time by removing the roots from the sprouts. Totally worth it! And they look better in this way as well. My Vietnamese friend recommended to use the thick vermicelli (slightly thicker than mine) which taste nicer for this recipe. You have no idea how tasty it is! Hope you guys will love it too! Oh boy, ONE MORE PLEASE.