Elra under her special request. So, are you ready?Can't believe it myself! I am making my own stir fried radish cake. Stir fried radish cake is a common street food and also dim sum dish over here. Honestly, I can easily buy this from the nearby stall for just RM2.50 per packet. And I love it spicy and also with extra red sweet sauce. Hmm...mmmm... salivating just by mentioning it! haha..... Well, this post is actually a special dedication to
Homemade Radish Cake
Ingredients : (serve 4)
300-400gm shredded radish
1 tbsp sugar
1 tspn salt
200gm rice flour
2 tbsp wheat starch(tung fun)
(1) combine ingredients (B) and mix well then set aside.
(2) next bring ingredients (A) to boil and let it simmer till soft.
(3) then combine both ingredients (A) & (B) together and mix well.
(4) place mixture to an oil base 7" tray, then steam for 30-35mins.
(5) leave cool completely before cutting into small portion.
(for half portion of the above radish cake)
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp preserved chopped radish/Chai poh
2/3 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tbsp fish sauce
(6) now, add in sweet soy sauce, fish sauce, bean sprouts & pepper and stir well.
(7) off the heat, once it's done and then top with spring onion and serve.
I'm sending this to Shaz & Suresh @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday.