Monday, October 24, 2011

Marble Pumpkin Kuih

Frankly, I really adored the sunshine colour of pumpkin. After making the last batch of pumpkin kuih.... yet the result isn't really satisfying me at all. Here, I have another version of pumpkin kuih wanna to show you. This recipe includes very little ingredients which I love about. And the process is quite easy as well. It is best to prepare this at night and leave to cool overnight and then serve it in the morning. Don't that sounds great to you! And here we go.

Ingredients :
(A) Pumpkin Layer
900ml  water
100gm  green bean flour
300gm  mashed pumpkin
250gm  sugar

(B) Coconut Layer
350ml   coconut milk
270ml   water
50gm   green bean flour
80gm  sugar
1/4 tpsn  salt
pandan leaves (pinescrew leaf)

Method :
(1) combine all ingredients (A) into a big sauce pan and 
simmer over medium till the mixture became thick. Stir gradually and make sure you didn't burnt the bottom.
(2) then transfer mixture to a 10" or 11" tray, set aside.
(3) now, combine ingredients (B) into a big sauce pan and simmer over medium heat till the mixture became thick.
(4) withdraw the leaves then transfer the coconut mixture to the pumpkin mixture, stir the mixture to make the swirl effect.
(5) finally, steam mixture for 25-30 mins over medium heat.
(6) only slice it after the kuih has completely cooled.
#For those who couldn't find green pea flour, you may use Hoen kwe flour.

You may either skip the steaming process and leave to cool completely. Keep refrigerated for an hour or so till it's set and then serve. It tastes more like jello and the one after steamed taste a little gluey & chewy more like kuih. Or you may also refer some other flavour of this kuih from here & here.
#
I am sending this to Shaz & Suresh @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday and also sending this to SSM @ Aspiring Baker #12 Traditional Kuih.

Before ending this post, I would like to thank Amelia Desserts for passing me the following beautiful awards. Most appreciate it and sorry for taking so long to post about it.  However, I would like to pass the awards to the following wonderful new blogger buddies. Please feel free to pick them up, friends.
(1) Amy @ uTry.it
(2) Taste Hong Kong
(3) Ann @ Cooking Healthy For Me
(4) Sylvia @ Peaches and Donuts
(5) Premalatha @ Prema's Thaligai
(6) Simply Hanushi
(7) Shaz @ Feeding My Kids Better
(8) Murasaki @ Samurai Viking Cuisine
(9) Tina @ Flourtrader
(10) 鱼鱼




33 comments:

lena said...

hi, looks so attractive with the marble effects. I just posted a pumpkin kuih too, dont mind i add your this link to it,ya? have a good week, friend!

Pegasuslegend said...

Coconut, pumpkin two favorites I love it! Have a fabulous halloween week~

Sylvia@peachesanddonuts said...

Thanks for thinking of me and passing on the awards. :) Am absolutely loving your blog!! I love eating kueh but i haven't tried making them yet. I probably should since it's not so easy to get my hands on some and when I do, i think i may start with this one since it looks pretty easy. i hope. :) btw, is green pea flour, green bean or mung bean flour?

Gloria said...

This look awesome!!

Nammi said...

not exactly the biggest pumpkin fan , but that does look tempting

Jeannie said...

I like this version very much...the marble effect very nice:)

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Kristy, you're welcome. I loves the marble effect of the pumpkin kueh, very nice and delicious.
Have a nice day.

cik cek said...

Sedapnya....:D

tigerfish said...

Nice marble effect on the kuih...
I don't think I have tried a sweet pumpkin kuih like this.

Small Kucing said...

hmmm...must be halloween coming or what..everywhere i hop to, saw got pumpkin post

Heavenly Housewife said...

Yes, that is most definitely a beautiful sun shine colour. I bet everyone who eats this smiles :D
*kisses* HH

yummylittlecooks said...

Wow, you did it pumpkin.Love the marble effect too.Very nice/delicious right?
Thanks for the mention.

edith said...

This one looks so pretty! BTW, is Green bean flour = hoon kueh powder?

Zoe said...

I admiring the fine marble pattern on your kueh. They are so beautiful!

My Little Space said...

Lena : Thanks. You're always welcome. :o)

Claudia : You too, dear.

Slyvia : You're welcome. Sorry for the late reply. After checking, it is actually green bean flour but our vendor here out it as green pea flour. Or you may also call it as mung bean starch.

Gloria : Thank you!

Nammi : And tasted pretty good too.

jeannie : Yeah, me too!

Amelia : Really appetizing indeed.

Cik cek : Terima kasih. Btw, welcome to my humble little space. Hope to hear from you more often.

tigerfish : Thank you.

Kathy : I'm not celebrating Halloween. :o)

HH : I'm not sure about others but I smile. :o)

Yummylittlecooks : You're welcome. It's really refreshing.

Edith : Hoon Kuih flour is actually a mixture of a few ingredients which are green beans flour, tapioca flour & chestnut flour.

Zoe : Thanks & glad you like it too.

Thanks everyone for stoppping by and spending your valueable time with me. Sorry that I haven't been blogging much lately. The site has been running pretty slow. Hopefully, everything will be back to normal soon and catch up with all of you ASAP.

Hope you're all having a terrific week ahead & have a wonderful Halloween.

Blessings, Kristy

hanushi said...

I thought I left a comment earlier, but seems like it has gone missing again... :S

Thanks for passing the award to me and your kuih is lovely marbled. :) Thumbs up.

Claudia said...

That is so pretty - really a piece of edible art. Also love the marbling - but really love the soft color.

Emily Malloy said...

This is beautiful! Love the swirl!

cherry potato said...

好美的颜色配搭!!

Quay Po Cooks said...

OOOO, I like this better than what I made!

Amy said...

I seldom cook with pumpkins but this sounds delicious and unique. This could well be the trigger to get my pumpkin recipe started for the Fall/Autumn season. Thank you so much for the award! I thrilled and honored to received it from you. :) Truly appreciate it. Have a wonderful day, Kristy.

Cheers,
Amy

Murasaki Shikibu said...

This looks really nice and thank you for the award (but I don't do those!). Thanks anyway. ;)

Tina said...

This does make for a stunning treat-the colors are so eye catching!
So nice of you for thinking of me for the award. Have a great day!

TasteHongKong said...

Well, I just learned that a kuih can be prepared without steaming, thanks for sharing and thanks for the awards, Kristy : ).

shaz@feedingmykidsbetter said...

Hi Kristy
Thanks for the award! And great job with the marbling effect. Really nice.

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

So beautiful!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

这个我要做.....
我相信很好吃:)

Trix said...

What beautiful colors here!!

Cheah said...

I like the marble effect. Don't mind having some for breakfast!

~~louise~~ said...

Oh how pretty, Kristy. One day I hope to make pumpkin flavored Kuih it sounds yummy!

Thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN
Why American men should boycott American women

http://boycottamericanwomen.blogspot.com

I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!


BRAND NEW: Buy the Boycott American Women book. After reading this book, I promise you that you will never even think about dating an American woman ever again, or else I will give you your money back. That's right, if you are not convinced by my book, I will give you a full refund!

Buy the Boycott American Women eBook now for just $4.99:
http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/boycott-american-women/16690691

Please join the Boycott American Women facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-American-Women/118711841530679?sk=wall&filter=1

Sincerely,
John Rambo

Lyndsey said...

Kristy, this is so pretty with the marbling effect, and I love coconut and pumpkin, and the pandan must go so with it as well. I too have been slow to blogging and commenting and slow computer issues. Plus work has been so crazy busy. So I understand and it's nice to know I am not alone!

I will talk to you later. Have a wonderful weekend!

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

never eat this kind of kuih before, love the marble effect..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...