(A) Pumpkin Layer
100gm green bean flour
300gm mashed pumpkin
(B) Coconut Layer
350ml coconut milk
50gm green bean flour
1/4 tpsn salt
pandan leaves (pinescrew leaf)
(1) combine all ingredients (A) into a big sauce pan and
simmer over medium till the mixture became thick. Stir gradually and make sure you didn't burnt the bottom.
(2) then transfer mixture to a 10" or 11" tray, set aside.
(3) now, combine ingredients (B) into a big sauce pan and simmer over medium heat till the mixture became thick.
(4) withdraw the leaves then transfer the coconut mixture to the pumpkin mixture, stir the mixture to make the swirl effect.
(5) finally, steam mixture for 25-30 mins over medium heat.
(6) only slice it after the kuih has completely cooled.
#For those who couldn't find green pea flour, you may use Hoen kwe flour.
here & here.
I am sending this to Shaz & Suresh @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday and also sending this to SSM @ Aspiring Baker #12 Traditional Kuih.
Before ending this post, I would like to thank Amelia Desserts for passing me the following beautiful awards. Most appreciate it and sorry for taking so long to post about it. However, I would like to pass the awards to the following wonderful new blogger buddies. Please feel free to pick them up, friends.
(1) Amy @ uTry.it
(2) Taste Hong Kong
(3) Ann @ Cooking Healthy For Me
(4) Sylvia @ Peaches and Donuts
(5) Premalatha @ Prema's Thaligai
(6) Simply Hanushi
(7) Shaz @ Feeding My Kids Better
(8) Murasaki @ Samurai Viking Cuisine
(9) Tina @ Flourtrader