Here's another sweet delicacy of Malaysia, except that pumpkin flavour kuih is seldom available at the local food stalls. I only managed to get them once a month from a local vegetarian food stall. Do you think you will have such patient to wait for another 30 days for something you're craving!!! ha... So, here's what I did.
200gm mashed pumpkin
475ml coconut milk
(combined all ingredients and leave to boil till sugar dissolved, then withdraw the leaves)
175gm rice flour
25gm green pea flour
140gm sago flour
1/2 tspn salt
(combined all ingredients and mix well)
(1) stir in ingredients (A) into ingredients (C) and mix to combine.
(2) then slowly add in ingredients (B) and beat into smooth batter.
(3) coat an 8" tray with some oil and preheat the steamer.
(4) pour batter to tray and let to steamed for about 45mins or untill set.
(5) leave to cool completely before slicing.
This kind of kuih is also quite suitable to serve at any parties.
Hope you guys will love it too! Enjoy.
I'm sending this to 3 Hungry Tummies @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday.
(desserts, traditional food, Asian cuisine, )