Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blackberry & Raspberry Cheesecake

SURPRISE ! SURPRISE ! I managed to grab some raspberries & blackberries at Tesco last weekend. It was on sales. Raspberries at RM3.50 per prunet and blackberries is RM9.00 per prunet. I often see raspberries at the supermarket but not blackberries. Guess, it's my lucky day! However, I thought blackberries supposed to look slightly shorter than boysenberries. Aren't they....or in the opposite? Whatever the shape, they still look awesome.

Ingredients for Crust :
200gm digestive biscuit/Tiger biscuit
100gm butter, melted
(combine both ingredients to mix well and then press it to a 9" springfoam pan. Refrigerate for 30 mins.)

Ingredients for Cream Cheese Fillings :
500gm cream cheese, softened
1 canned condensed milk (400gm)
3 eggs
1/3 cup honey
1 tspn Homemade vanilla Extract
1 lemon zest & 1 lime zest
a pinch of salt
*1/2 cup fresh raspberry & 1/2 cup fresh blackberry
(coat berries with some flour)

Method :
(1) beat cream cheese till soft & fluffy.
(2) add in eggs, condensed milk, vanilla extract, honey and fruit zest to beat till combined.
(3) pour batter onto biscuit crust and spread the mixed berries over the top.
(4) finally, bake at 170'C for an hour or untill set.
(5) then leave to cool completely before refrigerate it overnight & serve.

This is the first time making cheesecake without using any sugar. I used honey & condensed milk instead and it tastes as good, not so sweet! In the other hand, the texture looks really firm and beautiful.
(cheesecake, boysenberry, blackberry, raspberry, cake, desserts)

34 comments:

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Nothing better than a fruity cheesecake, this looks delicious. Diane

Heavenly Housewife said...

So beautiful, now that I've made my first cheesecake, I want to try them all!
*kisses* HH

Angie's Recipes said...

So pretty and delicious! And it's sugar free!

Gloria said...

Look A-MA-ZING ! and delicious!! gloria

foodinnewengland said...

WOW! This looks incredible!!!! Came in through Foodbuzz and buzzed you up!!

divya said...

superb...Tempting clicks..

Anncoo said...

Mmm...I love cheesecake and this looks pretty and delicious!

Rosita Vargas said...

LOOK AMAZING AND DELICIOUS,I LOVE CHEESECAKE,HUGS.

Ann said...

Stunning - simply stunning!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

这好吸引呢,看了好想吃:)

yummylittlecooks said...

Wah, use condensed milk and honey to replace the sugar, very interesting:)Yum yum :)

Wai Kitt said...

I really enjoy looking at your cheesecake, it is indeed really beautiful in texture. Perhaps i could get some fresh berries here and try out your recipe one day too.

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

good buy indeed! your cheesecake look so pro and good.

ICook4Fun said...

The raspberries are cheap back home. I paid more over here. The berries looks great in your cheesecake.

lena said...

those raspberries are really cheap!! i seldom see tesco selling raspberries , only jusco. i dont think i've tried condensed milk on cheesecakes, must be so rich and creamy!

アンゼエリン said...

hey u get to buy rasberries from Tesco? hardly find here...

Zoe said...

I adore your idea of adding fresh berries in your cheesecake. I wish the berry season will be here soon in Australia.

Blackswan said...

Lovely combi indeed! I think u can easily sell them :) Have a wonderful weekend, dear!

Janine said...

wow i can't believe that raspberries are so cheap?! It's super expensive in Singapore and I always want to eat them but heart pain hehe. anyway raspberry cheesecake with blackberries sound super great, I love the combination of sour and sweet and creaminess!

Yummy Bakes said...

This the first time I see cheesecake with condensed milk and honey. Looks pretty and delicious.

~~louise~~ said...

I came {this} close to buying red raspberries yesterday. Oh how I wish I did. Your cheesecake looks awesome, Kristy.

Thank you so much for sharing...honey and condensed milk, I must remember...Heck, I'm just saving this link!

Alice Law said...

My precious cream cheeseeeeee!!! I should hv wait till reading your post before using it for Tiramisu, which I had bake umptimes liao!!!! *heartache

Such a alluring cheesecake, savating!

Jeannie said...

Raspberries at RM3.50? That's a good deal! I should visit Tesco too lol! Your cake sure looks delicious! The color so even!

Reeni said...

Your berry studded cheesecake is gorgeous Kristy! Wish I had a slice. Blackberries can be BIG! xoxo

Barbara Bakes said...

What a luscious dessert. Wish I had a fork.

yummylittlecooks said...

So cheap!I'll shop at Tesco tomorrow, trying my luck...hehehe..If cannot find, maybe I'll try with blueberries.Cause your cake looks so tempting :)

hanushi said...

Lovely. So fruity!!! The photos are so appealing! :D

Cheah said...

This cheesecake looks lovely and the raspberries were indeed cheap.

MaryMoh said...

Beautiful cheesecake! Love all those berries that you use.....my favourite. Must be expensive to make this cake as cheese is also expensive there. But really good that you can get discount for the berries. Hope you have lots of baking while they are on sales! :D

My Little Space said...

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for visiting and spending your time here with me without failed. I am truely appreciate it.

I know that I haven't been blogging much lately. I was trying to take some time off and take a good rest before I start catching up again.

Love you all and thanks so much for all your lovely comments. ((hugs))

Have a great weekend adn enjoy!

Blessings, Kristy

Drick said...

this sounds and looks so good, I know it is too... hope all is well over there.. best wishes for a great week

raquel erecipe said...

wow this is perfect I love the caramelized on the edge of the pie...I am cheese cake addict...now I am craving for one again =)

Magic of Spice said...

Absolutely delicious! Love raspberries and blackberries, and always love cheesecake :)

Shabs said...

Yummm!! That cheesecake looks heavenly , I would sooo love to have a piece right now * slurp *

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...