Chicken Taco Sandwich

Taco is a traditional Mexican dish which is usually serve with tortilla or taco shells. Taco fillings can be made with any meat and is cooked with special taco seasoning. I'm so thankful to have such chances to enjoy my own taco sandwiches. Thanks to Gertrude @ My Kitchen Snippet for sending me the spices & other seasonings a few months back. Too bad that no taco shells available here at this moment, yet it tastes as awesome as on those buns. My kids are so craving for it.

So, here's my little secret recipe. :o)

Ingredients for Chicken Taco Fillings :
400gm chicken minced meat
1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
1 large onion, diced
3 stalk celery, diced
salt & pepper
1 pkt of Taco mixed spice

Method :
(1) preheat frying pan with some butter.
(2) stir in diced onion and chicken, let it simmer till cooked.
(3) now add in taco mixed spices and salt & pepper to taste, mixed to combine.
(4) finally, stir in celery and bell pepper, let them simmer for a little while.
(5) off the heat once it's done.

The addition of celery, onion and bell pepper is simply wonderful. It gives an extra sweetness to the meat and secondly I can get my kids to eat more greens. You know, it's never easy to get kids or teenagers to eat more vegetables these days.
Then, just fill the bread with whole lot of taco fillings. You can either having it with mayonnaise/mustard sauce or just go plain. Gosh, the juicy fillings simply amazing. It has very strong cumin, paprika & curry flavour in those spices. I bet you will love it too.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...