Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Homemade Strawberry And Lime & Lemon Curd

Though lemon curd or any other fruit curd is very popular among the western countries but not here. We don't use this often but one thing very common between the western fruit curd & our local coconut egg jam is both cooking with eggs. The only difference is the cooking time. Coconut egg jam needs longer cooking time to give better texture while fruit curd is in the opposite.

And here's what I have done to all my leftover fruits.
Ingredients for Lime & Lemon Curd :
3 eggs
40ml lemon juice
40ml lime juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
some lime zest
150gm sugar
50gm butter, cubed

Method :
(1) combine eggs, sugar & juices into a saucepan and mix well.
(2) then place saucepan into a double boiler and let to cook untill thickened.

(3) keep stirring the mixture and make sure it didn't stick to the bottom.

(4) finally stir in butter and lime & lemon zest, whisk till everything is well combined.
(5) leave mixture to cool once it's ready.

Ingredients for Strawberry Curd :
3 eggs
60ml strawberry puree
40ml lemon juice
1 tbsp cornflour
150gm sugar
50gm butter, cubed

Method :
(1) combine strawberry puree, lemon juice, sugar, cornflour & eggs into a saucepan.
(2) cooking method follow as the above.
(strawberry curd, lemon curd, lime curd)

19 comments:

Ana Rita said...

The strawberry sauce is just looking so delicious...i need to try it!!!

Kisses,
Rita

Heavenly Housewife said...

I love the idea of the strawberry curd. I still have lots of strawberries left from when I went strawberry picking (in the freezer). I may try this.
*kisses* HH

Lyndsey said...

Yum, I love lemon curd and make it often when my lemons are in season. The strawberry curd and lemon-lime curd sound wonderful Kristy! Can you freeze fruit curd?

divya said...

wow very creamy n ur clicks r awesome

Janine said...

I've seen lemon curd before but never strawberry curd and it looks really awesome! Am definitely trying this out soon!

Ann said...

i've never seen strawberry curd...but I love lemon curd! nice addition of lime!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

你的手真巧,我很羡慕呢,什么料理到你手上都是最棒的:)

Anncoo said...

These look absolutely yummy, good in bakes or bread. Thanks for sharing, Kristy :) I'm very much inspired by you :):)

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Both the fruit curd looks delicious, should be very yummy for puff pastry too.

Fiza Nordin said...

it looks very nice... i like lemon!

penny aka jeroxie said...

Never had strawberry curd before. Will have to give this a go in summer.

none said...

I just cooked some lemon curd recently as filling for macarons, first time seeing strawberries curd though...wonder how is the taste?

Amy said...

they both look and sound delicious. I bet they're perfect spreading on bread or toast! OR, like my little boy who loves to eat the curd with a spoon! hahaha...can't wait to make some strawberry ones! Thanks for sharing.

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

My mum used to make fantastic Lemon Curd, have not had it for ages. Diane

My Little Space said...

Ana Rita : Hope you will like it too!

HH : Great idea! I'll help you to finish off the rest of the strawberries... more recipes coming up! :o)

Lyndz : I have yet tried freezing mine! I wonder if they're still good after frozen!

Divya : Thanks very much, dear.

Janine : Thanks & I'm sure you will like it.

Ann : I personally think lime curd taste much better.

鱼鱼 : Whoa... what a compliment! Really appreciate it. Thank you so much.

Anncoo : Ya, exactly! Thank you very much for your kind words.

Amelia : Have yet tried them in puffs! I believe they'll taste great too.

Fiza : Hi there, welcome dear. Glad you like it too. Hoe to hear from you more often.

Penny : I'm sure you will like it too!

none : Strawberry curd tastes like in between lemon & strwberry flavour jam. Curious!!!

Amy : haha... well then, he might just finish off all!

Diane : Cool, this reminds you of your mom!

Thank you very much for spending your time here with me today.

Hope you are all having a terrific day and stay tune for more delicious post.

Blessings, Kristy

lena said...

i just made some lemon curd about 2 weeks ago, i really love that, it's my 3rd time making that and thanks for sharing the recipe on the strawberry curd!

Magic of Spice said...

This is a great way to use up leftover fruits...
both great recipes :)

Peachie said...

I haven't heard of strawberry curd before! What a wonderful idea!I gotta try making some soon!

Alice Law said...

150g sugar... noted! The other day I came across a recipe which require a cup of sugar, super sweet!*PENGSAN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...