This is the tradition three hours steamed kaya jam. The texture is absolutely creamy and smooth. And do not need to keep in fridge for the first few days. But I suggested to keep in the fridge.
150ml thick coconut cream (santan)
1 1/2 cups sugar / brown sugar
5 pandan leaves
- preheat double boiler, switch to extra low heat once its boiled.
- whisk eggs and sugar untill well mix.
- pour mixture & pandan leaves into the double boiler and stir till the sugar is fully melted.
- add in coconut milk and keep on stirring for about 1/2 hour.
- cover the double boiler lid and steam of 2 1/2 hours.
- stir the mixture gradually (about every 1/2 hour) untill complete the steaming process.
*tips : make sure the pot is not touching the boiling water over the double boiler. Otherwise, the egg mixture will be overheated and became curdling very quickly.