Saturday, May 2, 2009
Fried Fish Fillet With Sweet & Spicy Sauce
Do you guys out there got any problems in preparing food for families that only eat chicken and seafood; and luckily...vegetables too? off course, it isn't a problem for vegetarian but I'm not one of them!! My husband and kids, they don't take red meat such as pork, mutton, beef and so & so. We are not Muslims. They just don't like it! In addition, they are really picky. So, I always have to squeeze my brain to think of something new in preparing fish and chicken recipe. Hopefully, there are still many more to go for.
1/2 kg fish fillet (sliced in medium thickness)
1/2 tspn pepper
1/2 tspn salt
5 tbsp tapioca starch
- marinade fish fillet with pepper & salt.
- preheat pan with enough oil to fry the fish fillet.
- add tapioca starch into fish fillet.
- and make sure the fish fillet fully coated with starch.
- fry fish fillet untill golden brown and keep warm in oven.
1 large onion (cut into 4)
a hand full dry chillies
a few slices smashed ginger
3 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tspn light soya sauce
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup water
* thickening : 1 tbsp tapioca starch + 3 tbsp water
- fry ginger, onion and dry chillies with 3tbsp cooking oil, in medium heat.
- add in all the seasonings and mix well, switch to low heat.
- slowly add in the thickening and then follow by the fish fillet.
- off the heat and stir the mixtures untill well combine.
- serve hot.