Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Apple Shortbread Slice
There's a new cafe house opened up in my town last weekend. I went there with my kids. They served quite a number of food, deserts and drinks. Yet, not what I expected! However, it's a nice place to hang out with friends. So, I've made some apple slices for my own satisfaction.
(A) Apple Filling
5 green apples, cut in small
4 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup raisins
2 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tbsp lemon/orange juice
1 tspn cinnamon powder
- mix all ingredients (except flour) in a sauce pan.
- and cook under low heat untill the apples became soft.
- then off the heat and add in flour for thickening.
- leave aside.
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp corn starch
1/4 tspn salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tspn vanilla essence
- cream butter and sugar untill well combine.
- add in all ingredients and stir till well mix.
- press 2/3 of the mixture to a 9"tray.
- spread the apple filling over the base.
- then top with the 1/3 balance shortbread mixture.
- bake at 185'c for 30 mins.