Monday, August 8, 2011

Citrus Cheese Tea Bread

It has been started raining since the past few days. Probably, rainy season is here already. It's the best time to bake some warm bread for the family. I've made some really flavourful tea bread with cheese and citrus fillings. I'm calling it a tea bread cause it shapes in bun like bread and with frosting. There is tea cake and there's also tea bread! Any sweetened buns or bread to be eaten with tea is called as tea bread. In the other hand, tea cake can also be a bread or a cake and is served during afternoon tea. Normally, bread loaf with load of dried nuts or fruits & icing frosting topping is too considered as tea cake.

(Recipe Adapted from here)
Ingredients for bread dough :
3/4 cup full cream milk
2-1/4 tspn yeast
200gm shredded cheddar cheese
3 eggs
100gm sugar
4-1/4 cups flour
1-1/4 tspn salt
100gm butter

Method :
(1) dissolve yeast into milk and let to rest for 10 mins.
(2) combine flour, sugar and salt in a big mixing bowl.
(3) stir yeast mixture, eggs and cheese into dry ingredients, mix to form a soft dough.
(4) next, add in butter and continue kneading untill well combined.
(5) cover the dough and let it rest for an hour or untill double in size.
(6) punch dough to release air and knead to smooth.
(7) roll the dough out flat and spread on the citrus butter cream mixture.



(8) then roll it up like a swiss roll and divide into 12 pieces.
(9) slightly pull and twist every dough, then place them to baking tray.
(10) again, let them rest for 45mis.

Ingredients for citrus butter cream mixture :
1/2 cup icing sugar
60gm butter, softened
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp lime rinds
(combine all and beat untill fluffy)

Ingredients for citrus frosting :
3/4 cup icing sugar
1-1/2 tbsp lime juice
1 tspn lime rinds
(combine and mix well)

Finally, bake at preheated oven 180'C for 25-30 mins. And then leave to cool completely before drizzle citrus frosting over them.

I usually adored this kind of bread. Love the sweet topping with the citrus flavour especially. I'm sure I can't stop at one....neither are my kids!
(bread, rolls, buns, citrus,)

30 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

I love all sorts of bread...sweet one is definitely great with a pot of freshly brewed tea...either in the morning or afternoon.

Peggy said...

This bread sounds delicious!

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Delicious bread, yum yum.
Kristy, Happy friendship day.

Gloria said...

I love these buns or bread look absolutely dleicious!! gloria

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

What a lovely bread! Can I come over for some and a cup of tea? :)

Have a great week!

peachie said...

the combination of flavours sounds so good!

Murasaki Shikibu said...

I have been on a diet for a few weeks and I could just gobble up a whole batch of those...

Zoe said...

The citrus glaze is an absolute essential to these buns. They all look so inviting...

Megan said...

Hi sweet dear! I miss you too! Goodness...rainy season...please send some our way! We need rain! I wish I had a piece of this delicious bread right now! Yum! A good one to bookmark....because I know my kids would love this as well as me. It would be a great little sweet snack in their lunch...if they didn't eat it all for breakfast! xoxo Megan

Ann said...

Oh, this sound amazing! I love cheese and sweet together...perfect!

アンゼエリン said...

looks good to me...about lunch time now...i can hear my tummy drumming!....

5 Star Foodie said...

A delicious treat, would love to have one for breakfast with my coffee right now!

Heavenly Housewife said...

How wonderful, they look so scrumptious!
*kisses*

lena said...

hi kristy, i think most of the time, i tend to forget about lime in bakes too, that's not a bad idea at all! thanks for the inspiration!

Quay Po Cooks said...

Kristy, your tea bread or tea cake, whatever you call it, really looks so delish. No need to wait for tea, can I have this for supper tonight?

Alice Law said...

Can the lime juice to be replaced with lemon juice? The 1-1/4tsp means 1 and a 1/4 of..? Thanks for sharing the recipe, it looks delicious with the citrus frosting!

Sinful Sundays said...

Ooo, I so could use a piece of this delicious bread. Looks perfect!

Juanita said...

What an unusual combination of flavours! Quite daring to my taste buds I think. But they look so yummy!

Magic of Spice said...

The citrus butter cream alone is so wonderful, and I love cheese breads...what a perfectly beautiful combination :)
Hope you had an amazing weekend!

Christine's Pantry said...

I love bread!

~~louise~~ said...

Your tea bread looks lovely Kristy. It's been raining here too for a few days. Actually, I kind of welcome it for a change from that intense heat we were having.

Yeast and I don't get along for some reason. However, I can dream of someday making such a delicious looking "present."

Thank you so much for sharing...just lovely...

penny aka jeroxie said...

I am salivating! Looks so so good.

My Little Space said...

Angie : Got it! I'll get you a pot of hot brewed tea. :o)

Peggy : Thank you very much. Glad you like it too and really happy to see you around.

Amelia : Thanks! You too.

Gloria : Thank you very much!

Andrea : Of course, you can & you're always welcome. Just got a pot of hot brewed tea ready!

Peachie : Hi there, welcome to my little space. Hoep to hear from you more often & glad you like the bread too.

Murasaki : haha... I'm sure you glad that we're not neighbours! haha... Otherwise, you're going to be really headache with the diet chart.*wink*

Zoe : Thanks!

Megan : Hope you'll like it & take care!

Ann : Thanks!

Angeline : Guess, your little ones tummy is drumming too! haha...

Nat : Me too! Glad to have you around. Take care.

HH : Thanks! Guess, you have to cut the sugar fillings! haha...

My Little Space said...

Lena : I super love lime in my frosting. Simply refreshing!

Veron : but make sure you take a few more hours of belly dancing after this! he...

Alice : Oooops...sorry about it! Is one & a half teaspoon!

Sinful Sunday : Thanks so much!

Juanita : My kids can't even stop at one!

Alisha : Thanks and glad you love it too.

Christine : Hope you'll like this too!

louise : Great then! The temperature sure cooling down. Enjoy your day.

Penny : Thanks & hope you're all well. Take care.

Thanks everyone for visiting and spending your time here with me. It's been a great pleasure for having you all here with me today.

Hope you're all having a fabulous day.

Blessings, Kristy

My Little Space said...

Alice : You can even try it with orange juice/berry juice! Just enjoy whatever the flavor you want. It's all up to you. Enjoy.

Alice Law said...

Thanks with regards, hv a nice day ahead!

Elin said...

Kristy...Happy Friendship Day to you too..though a little late :p

You make me want to make bread again :)...thanks for sharing this recipe....very refreshing !

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

your bread look soft and good.

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

Oh my, I would love a warm piece of your beautiful tea bread with the cup of coffee I just poured. My mother made something similar and I know I would love your recipe, Kristy.

Lyndsey said...

Kristy this looks so good. We have sunny skies again after a few days of rain. Our rainy time usually comes as afternoon showers, so it's a little much when we get rain all day! I would love a bite of your pastries with all that yummy citrus flavor.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...